1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 GMC Envoy SLT with climate control

Problem:
If you have the rear air fan on and turn the front air off, the rear fan continues to run. However, if you try to turn the front air back on nothing happens. The screen shows the HVAC is back on but the front blower is not on. You have to reach back, turn the rear air fan control off and then turn the front on, which will then work. Or turn the engine off and then back on. The rear air controls just an extra fan to the main HVAC, there's no separate rear HVAC system.

So the wife took it to the dealer and I spoke to the tech who said he thinks the problem is a refrigerant leak allowing only one to work at a time. They want to charge me $350 to inject oil and dye, have me drive for 1k miles and check it again. Sounds like BS to me. Everything is perfect when they are running, just the annoying fan control. I don't believe the ref. level would affect the front blower motor control. BTW, the front blower motor control module was just replaced by that same dealer last week and I don't remember this new issue occurring prior to the new module. The only reason I took it to the dealer is because we bought it with an extended warranty and I thought I might just need the control unit flashed or something like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dan

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Sounds like BS to me.
Total and unadulterated 100% grade-A pure incompetence and BS. :hissy:

If you have an extended warranty, why would it cost you anything?

The fans are totally separate and independent of the refrigerant system loop.

A definite front control module fault.

Why did you let them change it last week? And did warranty pay for that? Have them get another. The module should come with a warranty of its own even if you paid for it out of pocket.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They changed it last week because the it was totally bad. Couldn't control the fan speed at all. And yes it was covered by the extended warranty. But I agree, I thinks its related to the new module.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts