Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave up on repairing my rear AC lines with splices and flares. I just haven't had luck with either. I can't justify paying what they want to replace the line so I have two options and would appreciate any feedback you could offer . My first thought is to run a rubber AC line from front to back but I'm having trouble finding a place to purchase the correct ends for my truck. Wondering if anyone might know of a spot I can purchase them and if this is even a feasible option in general. Secondly, if this is not an option I'll probably seal off the rear AC and just use the front. Any options or suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks in advance fellas ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you ever sit in the back then you know those vents are useful. I would definitely say fix the ac.
Shouldn't you be watching the Penguin game right now ! :thumbsup: We'll have to see how it goes as far as the repairs are concerned. I'm not paying $1800.00 for a line and labor . They can shove the seperate the body from the frame up there you know what. Piss poor design !

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Talk to an AC professional about fabricating a replacement line from scratch. They can choose a path that can be installed easier, even if it's longer, when they look at the vehicle with experienced eyes. You'll need them to evacuate and recharge the system anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts