Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, so I have a bit of an issue I have an 07' trailblazer LS with the abs light on and stabilitrak light on, the previous owner had redid the rear end with a new rear axle. ABS light and Stabilitrak and Service Stabilitrak on. ABS reader said LR and RR sensor malfunction. My Mechanic told me that this rear end does not have ABS. Is there a way I can remedy it so I have ABS again?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,516 Posts
I would say the only way would be to again replace the rear axle assembly. The previous owner screwed up and put in a rear axle from an earlier year where they had no speed sensors on the rear wheels.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
94 Posts
I would second that recommendation. I found a 4.10 rear in the junkyard and grabbed it and got it home and noticed those sensors were not there, too, so I never installed it in my 2008. I'd check your RPO codes to confirm which ratio yours is supposed to have and try to find the same ratio again. I wanted the extra 1,000 lbs. tow rating increase vs. my 3.42's but it is apparently not super simple. Good luck.

Rob in AZ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts