Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am close to purchasing a 2008 Trailblazer with the 6 cylinder engine. It has the tow package. In addition to being the family car and my daily driver, I would use the vehicle to tow a small (3,500 GVWR with electric brakes) folding trailer. I do not know the gear ratio on the vehicle.

From everything I've read, this small of a camper should not be a problem for this (or any Trailblazer or Envoy w/tow package) vehicle.

Any insights? Thank you.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
25 Posts
I imagine since you say it came with tow package that it already has an auxiliary transmission cooler.
If it doesn't I would suggest having one added to it. Much cheaper then a transmission.
I know it is only a small popup camper, but I was towing a small popup camper with my 89 Suburban 5.7L engine power to spare, but I ended up trashing the tranny due to overheating because I didn't have a auxiliary cooler on it.
After getting tranny rebuilt & a ext cooler added we had no more tranny problems in the 15 years that we used it tow the small camper then we later moved up to a 28 footer & still had no issues.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
12 Posts
a drag a 8x10 enclosed trailer all over the states, loaded with tools. been about two years now. no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts