Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase a Jensen VM9223 and I took your advice and found it for 250 on amazon instead of 300 on Crutchfield. I am just a little concerned about the right antenna adapter and Crutchfield was going to give me a receiver kit but I am installing a double din so I don't know that I need that?

If someone could provide an Amazon.com adapter link that would be great because I can't tell a difference.

Or if someone could tell me if Walmart carries that adapter/receiver kit (if receiver kit is needed).

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
IMO, I would spend the extra $50 and get it from Crutchfield. They are great to deal with if you have a problem or questions, plus they give you install instructions, and you can see all the correct accessories for your vehicle right on the site, or can call the tech people and they can lead right to what you need.....money well spent, IMO.:yes:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already purchased the GMOS-01 and PAC SWI-PS. My next paycheck will buy the HU. The Jensen was the best I found for the price because of the expandablity and I'm working on a limited budget.

16 and gotta pay insurance. :suicide:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
I have already purchased the GMOS-01 and PAC SWI-PS. My next paycheck will buy the HU. The Jensen was the best I found for the price because of the expandablity and I'm working on a limited budget.

16 and gotta pay insurance. :suicide:
You're young, so how about a life lesson?

Save your money and buy the right product. :tiphat

Jensen is probably not the way to go, imo. :coffee

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
Member: Boricua SS, bought the Phase Linear version of this Jensen model.

They said they had no problems (yet) out of this unit. Contact them if you have some questions about it.

Just hope the place you buy it from has a good return policy like Crutchfield does.

Who knows it might be a good unit. Do a lot of research on it before you buy.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh look at that: http://cgi.ebay.com/EONON-E1012-7-L...s=65:1|66:2|39:1|240:1318|301:1|2 93:1|294:50
That looks like a good unit but do they make a navigation one like it? And is that compatible with the swi-ps? Or will I have to return that? Otherwise that is a good deal.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked on their website and found nothing. Then I looked on ebay and one seller from japan had one but that's the only place I've ever found a trace of existence. I think the Eonon 1091 is a good deal though. Would a SWI-X work with this since it has a remote?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Eonon is out. During a slow day at work I researched it and found that it's iPod function will not support my iPod nor will the A/V inputs.

I am waiting to hear from the guy you told me had the Phase Linear version of the Jensen I was looking at. I am going to start more research on the Jensen.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had decided against the Eonon due to the incompatibility with my 2nd Gen. iPod Touch.

I did research on the Jensen and from what I have found it is a pretty good unit for the price so I think that's what I'll go with unless somebody else has anymore suggestions?

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Save your money and buy the right product. :tiphat
Jensen is probably not the way to go, imo. :coffee
hey......:nono: there is nothing wrong with jenson... yea its off brand name in electronics but it gets the job done... believe me i never thought of putting something along the lines of jensen in my $35,000 TBSS :sadcry:.. but the phase linear is a good HU...just like buying a car.. you either get a lemon or you get a good running vehicle...or like buying a TBSS.. everyone knows they have the worst trannies put in them and with just a little bit of power adders the trannies blow up like nothing.. but that didnt stop me or 1,000's of other TBSS owners from buying a SS or from adding more power to it already...:m2::tiphat

Member: Boricua SS, bought the Phase Linear version of this Jensen model.

They said they had no problems (yet) out of this unit. Contact them if you have some questions about it.

Just hope the place you buy it from has a good return policy like Crutchfield does.
yes i have had no problems with this HU.. only major thing IMO was the modification i had to make to the instrument panel to install this HU.. the 7" touch screen is a little bit bigger then the radio housing itself.. so i had to do a little trimming...

and saying that " just hope the place you buy it from has a good return policy like Cruthcfield" sounds kinda like a low blow... Crutchfield might have a good return policy but they are also more expensive then alot of other places..plus your making it sound like the radio is just destined to take a dump on someone... the radio i got was waayyy cheaper on sonicelectronics then other radios of similar functionality on Crutchfield.. and sonicelectronics has great customer service... along with eligability to buy extended warranties (which i did buy just like any other person in their right mind would.. you wouldnt buy a used car without some kind of extended warranty on it would you??) at a reasonable price...plus provides the antenna adaptor and mounting kits for free with a radio purchase...

I did research on the Jensen and from what I have found it is a pretty good unit for the price so I think that's what I'll go with unless somebody else has anymore suggestions?
and pm sent to you MONSONwarrior... and here is a link to my thread that i put up of my HU installed...

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=56110

overall these are my opinions just like all of yours... we all have a budget that we work around and we all have common goals.. make friends on the forums.. accept their constructive critism.. and enjoy one hell of a bad A:x:x ride....

:thumbsup::tiphat:grouphug:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
and saying that " just hope the place you buy it from has a good return policy like Cruthcfield" sounds kinda like a low blow... Crutchfield might have a good return policy but they are also more expensive then alot of other places..plus your making it sound like the radio is just destined to take a dump on someone...
Nope, not saying that at all. I'm just saying if you buy something and it dumps on you after 20 days and the place you bought it from has a 15 day return policy...guess what you are either gonna buy another one and have a paper weight or go through the manufacturer to get it fixed.

If you have a 30 day return...then no factory warranty will be needed.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.