Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Which insurance co pays for damage like that? Yours, or the insurance company of the vehicle that first hit the deer and tossed it your way? :undecided
Seems like with the whole Michigan no-fault his insurance would pay for it, then if you were to try to say its the other driver's fault, you'd have to sue them for the deductible. I could be wrong, since I lived in NY most of my life, but I think thats how it would work in MI

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Which insurance co pays for damage like that? Yours, or the insurance company of the vehicle that first hit the deer and tossed it your way? :undecided
The other guy took off before the police came. The police told me that you’re not required to file a police report for a deer hit but, in this case, the other driver is at fault and he fled the scene.
Normally in Michigan, each party's insurance pay's for the damages, the one at fault pays for any deductable and the one that's not should not have to pay if they have broad comp.
My insurance approved the claim today and they will pay for the damages. They said there may not be a deductable because of the circumstances.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, My insurance rep called and said they couldn’t drop the deductable because it's considered a Comp. not a collision claim. If the other vehicle would have hit me, they would have covered the deductable because I have broad coverage on collision... I will be talking to my attorney.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.