Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 TB with a 6 disc non bose headunit. I am wanting to install a 10" woofer with amp. Can i simply splice into the stock wiring or do i need an RCA convertor to hookup my amp? ideas??

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
If your amp has high-level inputs, then you can tap into the harness either at the head unit, or back near the rear speakers, and run directly to the amp. If your amp only has low-level inputs (RCAs) then you need a line-out converter.

What amp are you using?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
538 Posts
when i got my car it had rcas already running to the rear they used a factory HU i mite have wha ur lookin for ill see how its hooked up take a few pics post them and well see if that wha u need its gonna be a couple of days b4 i can do it tho

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i got my car it had rcas already running to the rear they used a factory HU i mite have wha ur lookin for ill see how its hooked up take a few pics post them and well see if that wha u need its gonna be a couple of days b4 i can do it tho
Sounds great! After reading the sticky "My amp install" i believe I can use a line-out-convertor since my amp does not have the speaker level connector..

so something like this maybe?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9066093

With this I should be able to hook into the stock wiring and not mess with my HU correct?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sounds great! After reading the sticky "My amp install" i believe I can use a line-out-convertor since my amp does not have the speaker level connector..

so something like this maybe?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...&ref=06&loc=01&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=9066093

With this I should be able to hook into the stock wiring and not mess with my HU correct?
yea thats what i have i dont no how its hooked up but when i pull it out ill take pics how its hooked. ive had a aftermarket HU in there for awhile jus felt no reason to pull it out

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea thats what i have i dont no how its hooked up but when i pull it out ill take pics how its hooked. ive had a aftermarket HU in there for awhile jus felt no reason to pull it out
I have an aftermarket Pioneer HU but from what I read on here it looks like a pain to install..

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have an aftermarket Pioneer HU but from what I read on here it looks like a pain to install..
I have not installed mine yet (hopefully this weekend)... but my understanding is that all that is needed is a harness and dash kit.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have not installed mine yet (hopefully this weekend)... but my understanding is that all that is needed is a harness and dash kit.
I believe you need an adapter for the door chimes and onstar? But I am not sure.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I believe you need an adapter for the door chimes and onstar? But I am not sure.
from my research you don't "need" it just to get a working aftermarket head unit... but the "GMRC-01" was recommended to retain the facory chimes for non-onstar peeps, and "GMOS-01/04" for the higher-end factory audio packages.

Walmart has the GMRC-01 for under $40.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
also there is an adapter for fitting the GM antenna lead into the aftermarket deck

Walmart has the GMRC-01 for under $40.
if its the scosche version I would pass

·
Registered
538 Posts
i payed like $150 for my harness at best buy. then i was installing my in dash and the back of the lil box thingy fell off and the circuit board touched metal and burnt out. and around that time circuit city was closing so i went there to see if they had any and my luck they had 1 left for $65

1 - 20 of 32 Posts