Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup Guys , I'd like to know if i cant add a RCA cable on a original gmc envoy 2003 radio cuz i plan to add a amplifier for my subwoffers :)
so if someone could help me i'd really appreciate :p
^^

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
139 Posts
well heres the deal...if you take out the headunit and it has rca outputs go for it...if not you can use a line to rca converter. basically running wires from one of your speakers to the converter box and then plugging in rca cables but there problem with that is the quality.... i did that in my trailblazer with the converter and stock headunit and the bass and all sounded like crap. after putting in a aftermarket head unit with front ,rear, subwoofer rca outputs i was settin off car alarms. im not saying you need to do this only for massive bass or anything but im just using that as a comparison to the quality of the conversion...which sucks:hopeless

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
You're going to either need to use a line output converter or an adapter to get RCAs for your woofers. Dont know how much LOCs cost but the adapters are about 100 bucks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey man i just hooked up amp and subs in my ect lt with bose system without adding aftermarket radio.. you use a line out converter..you have to use a whole channel( preferrably the rear being youll have sub in back) is the channel i used.. you do away with the rear speakers so that the converter gives sends out enough poer to power your amp.. you can't just use on speaker...nor can you leave the speaker hooked up if you want quality sound.. i tried one speaker.. sounded like crap.. i used the whole rear channel without speakes and now im setting off car alarms..good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts