Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hidee-Ho neighbors. I just purchased an '04 TB and I have noticed that at a certain rpm, I will have a rattling near the windshield down in the dash. I have come up with some theories, but to no avail. I have made sure everything is tightened down in the engine compartment, so I think there is something going on in the air system or something. The only weird thing is, it will still rattle even when the air system is turned off.
Second, I have my "Service Engine Soon" light on. Took it down to Advance Auto and they said it was something with emissions which is fine, I had them reset it. But almost immediately it turned back on. I am not sure if the two are related, but it will intermittently turn off for about 20 minutes or so.:hopeless
Finally, I believe my vehicle is idling high or something. The rpm's look ok, but when I put it into drive it will often times make it to second gear without touching the gas. Is this normal? Should I have it checked?:confused:

For some background, I know the car was used in law enforcement up in Minnesota, and then spent some time in Eastern KY.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
First thing you need to do is to tell us what the code was that the parts store got.

Rattling could be any number of things.

What RPM is the truck idling at in park? NO WAY should it be able to accelerate enough to shift to 2nd w/o touching the gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well

I know this doesn't help much, but I can't remember the code other than it said it was a General Emissions Error. And at park it will idle at just below 1000 rpm, as normal. It's just when I shift it into gear (reverse or drive) it takes off like a bat outta hell. Once I tap the accelerator though, it is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Check engine light code is needed to be able to give further help.

RPM at idle that is near 1000 is too high.....normal idle is 600. And the "takes off like a bat outta hell" is not normal, and sounds dangerous, IMO.

Has the throttle body ever been cleaned? How many miles on the odometer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

The throttle body has not been cleaned to my knowledge and it has right at 104,000 miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts