Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
I just bought a front and rear end-link set from energy suspension they have poly urethane bushings and so on, i got 2 end links, 2 swaybar bushings, and a bar that goes through the bushings for 24.95 EA for each kit and i got a front and a rear kit. And they come with installation directions for your car specifically so that's a bonus!!:D
I could not find Trailbalzer parts on the energy suspension website. I have a 02 trailblazer 4wd. Can you tell me where you ordered from?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I could not find Trailbalzer parts on the energy suspension website. I have a 02 trailblazer 4wd. Can you tell me where you ordered from?
Well actually... when i wrote that i was desperate to get rid of the noise that I didn't pay attention to what my TB was, i was looking at the Blazer parts when I needed to buy the TRAILblazer parts. I figured that out when someone corrected me bout it, they dont make energy suspension parts for ours yet
Sorry for the confusion:crazy:

I just bought the hotchkis rear sway set and moog links and it works like a charm :D

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
87 Posts
Hey 'TrailBlazzin' >
I found my "rattle" sound at the rear. I guess it's a heat shield
that protects the spare tire. It's coated in what looks like a silver aluminum. I've yet to secure it but I've got peace of mind knowing what it is.

Now I'm considering replacing the sway bar links at the back of my truck.
Every now and again I'll here something shake or clunk from the
rear of my Bravada. I just did the front less that 500 miles ago
and that quieted the front end. :yes:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
941 Posts
steering in the right direction.....

I have also seen GM's "amazing" telescoping steering shaft design cause a metallic rattling sound that will drive you NUTS. There are several bulletins out for many different GM models, but no one has figured out a permanent fix yet.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
87 Posts
I have also seen GM's "amazing" telescoping steering shaft design cause a metallic rattling sound that will drive you NUTS. There are several bulletins out for many different GM models, but no one has figured out a permanent fix yet.
Is it something you hear while letting off the gas and I'm guessing from
the front end>?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,292 Posts
I've got the Resonator rattle too :mad::m2:

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
2 Posts
Undercarriage Rattle

Has anyone ever tried wrapping the heat sheilds with header fabric or painting them with a high heat rubber coating? Just curious, I was going to attempt this, mine is driving me crazy when cruising down curbed roads as it is more noticable when you are at 40 mph or below with a curb next to you. I figured the wrap or coating would add some weight and tighten everything up at the same time. The one up front under the driver is a necessity as it is protecting the fuel lines from the heat, I wouldn't think you could do without it. Gonna look into it this weekend.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
19 Posts
rattle noise

I had a rattle looked everywhere could not find it. had to change front wheel bearing rattle stopped. The shield on the wheel bearing wasn't loose guess the bad bearing was making the noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
02 envoy.. Had a rattling like metal in a can and a slight brake like squealing. Coming from the rear When hitting bumps and it would continue till i either accelerated or applied the brakes.. Car recently pass inspection with average pads and rotors.. Shocks and sway bar was in working order and bushings were ok.. For me it was The emergency brakes on inside the rotors had build up and rust.. And a can of wd 40 sprayed on the inside mechanisms seemed to stop most of the rattling.. Other then hitting major bumps..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed a rattle also....

I have noticed a rattle also. Mine is coming from the back. I am having the hardest time figuring out what it is and where it's coming from! I did the suspension and sawybar but it doesn't sound like it is any of those. It almost sounds plastic, not a metal sound. I thought that maybe the spare tire somehow got loose, I re-tightened it, but the noise is still there.
Could it be the swaybar (Hotchkis) due to it being a bit larger. Maybe hitting the trailing arms or tranny? I looked but it's not showing any signs of touching any other parts..
Could the rear bumper be getting loose??
I am only noticing it at lower speeds, when I enter or exit a driveway or go over bumps/ or pot holes in the road..
Once on the highway - nothing!

Anyone have any ideas??
Curious to know what was the solution I this problem. I have an Envoy that’s doing the same thing.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts