Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to identify the cause a a clicking sound that is more like recurring raspy-scrapping sounds that just last for a moment. it only happens when its below 50 and I am driving between around 35 and 40 miles an hour.

When I am driving, it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side front wheel. I have replaced that wheel bearing already so I know it isn't that.
I am not sure what to look at next. The CV axel looks ok, the boots aren't split or torn, but maybe it is that? Or maybe it is the front differential? I have no idea how to tell or test the issue.

Has anyone else encountered something similar?

Thanks a million

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
342 Posts
I have been trying to identify the cause a a clicking sound that is more like recurring raspy-scrapping sounds that just last for a moment. it only happens when its below 50 and I am driving between around 35 and 40 miles an hour.

When I am driving, it sounds like it is coming from the passenger side front wheel. I have replaced that wheel bearing already so I know it isn't that.
I am not sure what to look at next. The CV axel looks ok, the boots aren't split or torn, but maybe it is that? Or maybe it is the front differential? I have no idea how to tell or test the issue.

Has anyone else encountered something similar?

Thanks a million
Have you jacked it up and spun the wheels by hand ?
That might at least narrow down the location of the issue and let you better determine the cause.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts