Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to lift my 2002 TB LS and i was wondering which shocks and struts to go with RANCHO or BLISTEN?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Nobody has used them both, so there's only personal opinion so forth. Probably more discussion in the offroad forum, but you might do a search on the words "rancho" and "bilstein" (spelled the way they do).

I assume you mean in the front. In the rear, many of us are using Tahoe/Avalanche shocks or BDS if we installed the BDS lift kit.

Since shocks by themselves don't lift anything, what are you deciding on out of the four lift kits available for us?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea sorry im new at all this i was just looking get probably 1.5" or 2" maxxspacers in the front and i wasn't sure what to do with the back

i have 124 thousand miles on my TB and the shocks spings and all that jazz haven't been replaced since we got it

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
883 Posts
Rancho's are more for off-road use, Bilstein's more for everyday, daily driver use. Whatcha plan on doing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im probably not going to off road to much i am mostly going to use it for every day use

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Nobody has used them both, so there's only personal opinion so forth. Probably more discussion in the offroad forum, but you might do a search on the words "rancho" and "bilstein" (spelled the way they do).

I assume you mean in the front. In the rear, many of us are using Tahoe/Avalanche shocks or BDS if we installed the BDS lift kit.

Since shocks by themselves don't lift anything, what are you deciding on out of the four lift kits available for us?
So when you say tahoe/avalanch shocks and I know alot of guys are using the springs aswell what years are those coming off of? I wouldn't mind picking up a harder compound spring aswell..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
tahst awsome roadie thanks alot Ill deffinatly do that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts