Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured some of you would be interested to know that i ran at the 1/4 tonight.. it was colddd around 40 degrees or so

Vehicle is as follows-

2002 Chevy Trailblazer
Inline 6 with 3.73s and G80
4x4 Model

Mods are as follows

Homemade PVC intake
Resonator Delete
Custom HP Tuned by Me
Cat Delete

I ran seven times tonight and the worst run i ever did was a 15.7 @ 89mph because i didnt even brake torque it or anything all I did was hit the gas when it turned green

Best Run is as follows, officially

RT- .521
60'- 2.382
330- 6.632
1/8-10.143
MPH-70.17
1000- 13.141
1/4- 15.663
MPH- 89.34

One thing i would like to note is that these times were done using General Grabber AT2 All Terrain Tires... AKA heavy, knobby tires.. not actual street tires, so take it with a grain of salt, im sure I could of done a tad better with a lighter and more practical tire setup

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Those poor tires lol. They brake loose at all ?
I actually got it to wheel hop a little bit when i went balls to the wall and brake torqued the **** out of it

People give these motors a reputation for having no low end, when thats really not the case at all, its GM's poor tuning.. mine rips from 1200rpm... Stock these things have like 6 degrees of timing 800 - 1200... Mine has 18 and no knock... also the cam phase tables are all messed up... its advancing like 10 degrees at idle... mine is ZERO until 2000 rpm which also helped alot.. you dont need cam advance that low in the rpm band its made for high end operation

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
201 Posts
They give them a bad rap for having no low end because they don't have any low end. That is prevelant in your 60' time. For not spinning off the line that 60' is horrid, but since it is in a heavy SUV, it is understandable.

Regardless, that is an impressive time for sure. Your truck runs hard. I went to the track Saturday night with the Camaro and my buddy with a stock LS1 GTO A4 was running high 14's @ 94-95 mph, ha. Needless to say, he was quite disappointed.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
I actually got it to wheel hop a little bit when i went balls to the wall and brake torqued the **** out of it

People give these motors a reputation for having no low end, when thats really not the case at all, its GM's poor tuning.. mine rips from 1200rpm... Stock these things have like 6 degrees of timing 800 - 1200... Mine has 18 and no knock... also the cam phase tables are all messed up... its advancing like 10 degrees at idle... mine is ZERO until 2000 rpm which also helped alot.. you dont need cam advance that low in the rpm band its made for high end operation
It's not "poor tuning"... They're tuned exactly how they want them tuned... to feel "lazy" and under-stressed while grandma is putting around, and to soften the power delivery (especially in the lower RPM range) to be nicer to the transmission and rear end, to cut warranty costs... Literally, nearly everything is done for a reason...

Mike

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
115 Posts
Mods are as follows

Homemade PVC intake
Resonator Delete
Custom HP Tuned by Me
Cat Delete
I have all those mods but the cat delete. I am still working on the HP tuners tune. U mind sharing your tune?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They give them a bad rap for having no low end because they don't have any low end. That is prevelant in your 60' time. For not spinning off the line that 60' is horrid, but since it is in a heavy SUV, it is understandable.

Regardless, that is an impressive time for sure. Your truck runs hard. I went to the track Saturday night with the Camaro and my buddy with a stock LS1 GTO A4 was running high 14's @ 94-95 mph, ha. Needless to say, he was quite disappointed.
I put up the same 60ft as my friend did in his brand new 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 LT.. 5.3 v8 with a GMP CAI, Custom Exhaust and also HP Tuned with no torque managenent, his also lags off the line a bit... His best time of the night was 15.4 @91

·
3,700 Posts
I put up the same 60ft as my friend did in his brand new 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 LT.. 5.3 v8 with a GMP CAI, Custom Exhaust and also HP Tuned with no torque managenent, his also lags off the line a bit... His best time of the night was 15.4 @91
Yeah, and he'll have a hell of a time with spinning tires with the front-heavy weight bias of the truck, where you can go WFO from the start...

Mike

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, and he'll have a hell of a time with spinning tires with the front-heavy weight bias of the truck, where you can go WFO from the start...

Mike
No Spin last night, but anyway... Whatever the I6 lacks in low it makes up for up high... His truck shifts at 5600rpm, mine at 6500

·
3,700 Posts
No Spin last night, but anyway... Whatever the I6 lacks in low it makes up for up high... His truck shifts at 5600rpm, mine at 6500
My dad's '00 5.3L 3.73 4x4 is a tire-roast-fest, and it's 100% completely stock, and has the G80 (and 25 horse less from the factory than the '10)...

HP per displacement, you're correct... Redline isn't anywhere near the whole picture, though, as you know by the fact that they make more HP and torque than we do...

Mike

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went back tonight for round two, managed to beat my old time.... My new PB is 15.5 @ 89 :) shaved another tenth off

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
My dad's '00 5.3L 3.73 4x4 is a tire-roast-fest, and it's 100% completely stock, and has the G80 (and 25 horse less from the factory than the '10)...

HP per displacement, you're correct... Redline isn't anywhere near the whole picture, though, as you know by the fact that they make more HP and torque than we do...

Mike
That's because a 2000 has a throttle cable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts