Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of building my own ram air intake that sucks in air from somewhere underneath the truck. i know some of you have done this but i was wondering if you guys could post pics or let me know what you did and what materials you used. i have a cold air intake that im looking to direct more air into.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Not sure if it would work

Im not sure if it would work but i think the best place for it would be in front of the radiator. It would require some cutting but would be the bast place to get the most cold air.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
i've done and it has to be cooler than not having it. Im doing do a temp test just to see. There should be some posts around that have pics of mine in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know the air is flowing from fender to air intake box through an air pipe.

My questions:
1) How does the air flow to fender? Where does the excess air go?
2) Fender will get hot after a long journey meaning the air will be hotter and less oxigen, hence less power?
3) The air inlet pipe is about 2"-3" and the air pipe to turbo is 2"-4", when the turbo kick in, the air suck by the turbo will be faster than the air generate from 3" inlet pipe, hence power drop & FC increase?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
3) The air inlet pipe is about 2"-3" and the air pipe to turbo is 2"-4", when the turbo kick in, the air suck by the turbo will be faster than the air generate from 3" inlet pipe, hence power drop & FC increase?
You have a turbo? Almost none of US have a turbo. Please explain.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
oh oh.....another guy using the "T" Word.......:crackup:....Emmanuel...it has been done before.......if you got questions....a noobs best friend is the search feature on this site.......

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
What do you mean sir????
He meant Emmanuel's sig. It's constructed with in-line code, not using the forum's software. So yes, it appears when you don't want it in a quote. It's also triggering my spammy sense to see a newb with such odd questions have that kind of sig.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
okay......didn't know who he was talking about....LOl.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts