Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I haven't found jack on this anywhere. I have a 2004 Buick Rainier cxl 5.3 and I'm looking for a cold air intake. I know the trailblazer, envoy, and rainier are all very similar but the last thing I need is to drop 300 on a k&n CAI and it not fit correctly. Any advice on brand is also appreciated.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
75 Posts
CAI's are not worth the money spent. The stock box does a better job because it is actually pulling cooler air out of the fender.
If you are going for a performance gain money is better spent in other areas. If you are going for the "look" that is all you are really getting with the costly kit...
Mark

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would you recommend I invest in then? I had a feeling that a CAI is more of a look modification but most of the studies I've heard are on small cars and not SUV's or trucks. I'm a newbie to the land of modification.

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
75 Posts
The best bang for your buck is a tune. I just bought an '08 Envoy Denali and the first thing I will do is add an aftermarket muffler (MagnaFlow single in dual out) and put a tune on it. Lots to be gained with the tune and the muffler is just so I (and everyone else) can hear it. :) The LS motors sound great with a MagnaFlow.
Find a shop in your area that can do a custom tune and talk to them about it.
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts