Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 2003 Trailblazer EXT without bose and without on-star.

I bought a JVC headunit from Bestbuy and I also bought a Scosche wiring kit (GMO35) and Scosche mounting kit. I followed the wiring diagram on the box for the JVC headunit and on the packet that came with the wiring kit.

The radio diagram said Yellow to live terminal in the fuse block connecting to the car battery and the wiring kit said yellow = 12 volt battery/constant so I connected those two.

The radio diagram said red to an accessory terminal in the fuse block and the wiring kit said red = 12 volt ignition/switched so I connected those two.

We plugged the radio in and it lit up and we heard the cd player activate and then the radio shut off. Pressing the power button does nothing. Pressing the cd eject button causes the screen to kick on and say eject and the cd player start turning to eject a cd but there isn't one in it so it shuts off. We tried to put a cd in it but it won't pull the cd in. If we press the info/clock button it turns the display on and shows the clock but then it times out after 5-8 seconds and shuts back off. It holds the time cause we pressed the button again a couple of minutes later and the time had changed.

Obviously I wired all the speaker wires and ground wire on the two kits but I don't think that is problem.

We are not concerned with keeping the door chimes and no bose or onstar so hence why we went ahead and got the bestbuy wiring kit.

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
I couldn't find a "GMO35" but based on the symptoms I'm assuming that it's a generic harness

There is no switched B+ wire in the head unit wire harness.....the red wire off the head unit needs to be hooked up to a B+ circuit.....for verification, temporarily hook the red wire up to the same circuit as the yellow and see if the unit works like it should.

Post the results and we will take it from there:cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That worked so everything else is hooked up right I just need a switched power source to run the red wire to. What's the closest one? With as much work as I do with electronics (not a job just side stuff) I should have a multimeter but I don't. I'm definitely investing in one after this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The accessory wire is brown at the column coming in from the key switch. The radio will however turn off with the key now instead of the door opening or time lapsing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts