Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if all the trailblazers have this but the 05 the radio stays on until you open the door. If i was to stay in the car for like half an hour (girlfriend never gets out on time) is it bad to leave the radio light and dash lights on. At first it was like sweet the radio stays on then it was like wow now i look like an idiot opening my door to turn the radio off lol.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,077 Posts
All trailvoys have a ~20 minute reserve power to the radio after you turn off the ignition so you don't have to have the key in the acessory position to listen to the radio while you are waiting in the vehicle for some reason. You can just shut off the radio by pushing in the top rotary volume switch.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
All Chevrolets have this feature, it's called RAP (Retained Accessory Power).

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after like ten minutes i usually open the door

I assume its just as bad as leaving your car in auxiliary. I mean you can turn the radio off but all the dash lights are on they probably don't pull that much power but I'm sure its bad for your battery.

·
Registered
2009 non_gmt360 other
883 Posts
No, it won't hurt anything. I've done it before where the 15 (or 20) minutes ran down and it shut itself off. So I turned the key back to on (but didn't start the car) and took the key back out. It's only the radio and dash lights, so it won't drain the battery that quickly. You can always kill the dash lights, thats what I do.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
i left my stereo running for like 2 hours before and never had a problem, starting the truck.....so i don't thin you'll have a problem with the RAP......

i did have the HL's off tho....

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
It doesn't work like that, the Class 2 communication tells the radio when to turn on/off.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
It doesn't work like that, the Class 2 communication tells the radio when to turn on/off.
Yep, it's always hot, it (radio) and a lot of other electrics.

The retained power feature is a programming function; after a length of time (based upon a complex logarithm) the class 2 bus commands the devices to sleep. A couple of the electrics (dumb ones) are controlled by a relay that simulates the software commanded sleep function, the smart ones are bus controlled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts