Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced factory radio with a pioneer 721 bt. Easy as pie install, no modification at all . Only thing you have to do is match color coded wires from new radio to new harness, Snaps right in, and plug in new antenna wire and your good to go ! The factory speakers work better than i thought, The sound is excellent. This was installed by myself and total time, including splicing wires is 1 hr.This was on my 03 tb without bose/steering wheel controls, you will a different wire harness for that,

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a 4 year post so not sure if you're still around or not... So, did you buy one of the adapter harnesses? Or did you mean you installed this Pioneer without a harness and just spliced the wires together, by color?

I need a new radio in mine, but don't really want to pay $300 for the radio and harness, etc.

Mine is also an '03 Trailblazer, with the stuck CDs issue. I don't think it's Bose. I guess if it were it would say so everywhere. :) And I don't care about the steering wheel controls - I never used them anyhow.

I used to install my own radios, amps, and speakers/subwoofer boxes, etc. back in the day, but not really too keen to mess around with this one.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
15 Posts
This is a 4 year post so not sure if you're still around or not... So, did you buy one of the adapter harnesses? Or did you mean you installed this Pioneer without a harness and just spliced the wires together, by color?

I need a new radio in mine, but don't really want to pay $300 for the radio and harness, etc.

Mine is also an '03 Trailblazer, with the stuck CDs issue. I don't think it's Bose. I guess if it were it would say so everywhere. :) And I don't care about the steering wheel controls - I never used them anyhow.

I used to install my own radios, amps, and speakers/subwoofer boxes, etc. back in the day, but not really too keen to mess around with this one.
I replaced the radio in my Envoy last year. I thought the add on wiring converter I bought when I got the radio and speakers from Crutchfield.com were well worth the money, along with the detailed instructions on how to access the radio and speakers. I've dome it :Old School: too, but that was upgrading from AM to AM/FM and we only had to worry about power, ground, lighting and speakers

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
144 Posts
Crutchfield is my first 'go-to'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts