Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Envoy that is still under the factory warranty. The back is coming off of one of the preset buttons on the stereo head unit. The backlight shows through it so it really shows up at night. Would this be covered under the warranty? If so would they replace the radio or just touch up the black on the button with paint? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
Dealer replaced my entire unit under warranty due to this issue:

You can see the black rubbed off the preset buttons in this photo. Dealer had to order the replacement unit so it took two trips to fix, one to order it, one to install the replacement unit.

G/L :cool:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
If you're not under warranty last I checked specmo.com sells the buttons separately. Email them, it was $25 for like 5 buttons for my 02 HU. Need to actually order them here soon as I could care less but when want to get everything looking good before I sell my 02 this summer.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help. I went to the dealer and they are putting in a new radio on Wednesday.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
If you're not under warranty last I checked specmo.com sells the buttons separately. Email them, it was $25 for like 5 buttons for my 02 HU. Need to actually order them here soon as I could care less but when want to get everything looking good before I sell my 02 this summer.
Just more proof that scarab really can count from one through six. :dielaugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts