Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to install a aftermarket head unit but when i tested the wiring, the radio wouldnt turn on and the vehicle wouldnt start with the security light on. I undid the wiring and plugged the factory radio back in and it started back up.
Is there a special harness i need or something. I dont have bose "premium" or "onstar" and i do not have steering wheel accessories.

·
Registered
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ 4.2 I6
11 Posts
Just did an upgrade on my 02' LTZ, I used the PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface. Purchased from Crutchfield with Kenwood DMX 125BT. really took all of the guess work out of it for me. Kept steering wheel controls rear audio controls qnd was able to put back-up camera in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just did an upgrade on my 02' LTZ, I used the PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface. Purchased from Crutchfield with Kenwood DMX 125BT. really took all of the guess work out of it for me. Kept steering wheel controls rear audio controls qnd was able to put back-up camera in.
I'll mention this to my neighbor. He recently acquired this 2002 LTZ and he's planning to do some interior mods including an aftermarket headunit after installing the new rotors and tires from 4Wheelonline this weekend.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'll mention this to my neighbor. He recently acquired this 2002 LTZ and he's planning to do some interior mods including an aftermarket headunit after installing the new rotors and tires from 4Wheelonline this weekend.
Crutchfield is the magic word here. They make sure to know their sh***zzle and have very good tech support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts