Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 Trailblazer LS with 53k miles. When I turn the car off and open the door, the radio stays on and doesnt power down? Has anyone had this problem and know the solution?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle
574 Posts
I recently purchased a 2006 Trailblazer LS with 53k miles. When I turn the car off and open the door, the radio stays on and doesnt power down? Has anyone had this problem and know the solution?
hi and welcome to the site.

whats your mileage?

there's a few threads on this already.

the easiest and first step is to clean and lubricate the door switch. that worked for me. my drivers door was sticking. been ok for 6 m months or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mileage is at 53,000. I tried looking for some answers, but didnt found them. I'm just new to the site so I'm still trying to find my way around. Thanks for the reply. Is there any kind of specific lubricant you used?

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
2 Posts
same problem with my 09 Saab 9-7x

i can open a rear rear door and radio turns off, where is the door switch?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
76 Posts
I had this issue too. I would open the driver's door, but the radio would not turn off automatically. As an experiment, when it happened, I left the other doors alone to see if the radio would time itself out after ten minutes. This did happen, which meant the issue was with the driver's door's electrical connection.

To get resolve, try unplugging the wiring harness connectors in the driver's door frame, where the hinges are. Reconnect the connectors and make sure there is a tight seating of the connectors. I did this exact process with my truck and I have not had an issue since.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2009 saab 9_7x
2 Posts
I had this issue too. I would open the driver's door, but the radio would not turn off automatically. As an experiment, when it happened, I left the other doors alone to see if the radio would time itself out after ten minutes. This did happen, which meant the issue was with the driver's door's electrical connection.

To get resolve, try unplugging the wiring harness connectors in the driver's door frame, where the hinges are. Reconnect the connectors and make sure there is a tight seating of the connectors. I did this exact process with my truck and I have not had an issue since.

Good luck.
I sprayed wd 40 in the lock mechanism and opened and closed door a few times, now it works, I guess was just a sticky switch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts