Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very happy it made it this far considering how hard I drove the truck....was flaring up to high rpms lately between shifts.on highway today downshift then no connection between engine and wheels..nothing in any gear now just like neutral...looking at rebuild or used tranny from local junkyard unless someone has a better idea

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
218 Posts
Sorry for the loss, but glad it made it that far! Just out of curiosity, what torque management settings did you have from PCM4LESS (or towing/light towing/no towing), and how long did you have it? Curious to see if it made much of a difference in longevity. Hope finding a new one goes well! I personally have had bad experiences with rebuilds, but in a completely different segment of vehicle. And Definitely find someone that knows what they're doing and cares enough to do it right!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
At least you made it over 200,000 I am rollin into 90,000 + so its nice to know that I have some time until I need to worry. Sorry your whip went out on you, nothing worse than haveing no wheels. Maybe you will find a sweet modified tranny that someone needs to sell for the money..Good Luck to you..

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had pcm tune for 2 firmness I believe but i/we removed all the tqm and I increased the line pressure 20% my 3-4 shift was so long and the rpms would wind up m between shifts..this helped for about 100,000 miles....think pcm tuned it around 70,000 shortly after I bought the efi and they gave me 3 diff tunes then I made my own for the tranny and e fans...found a shop that says they can rebuild it for 950 with a year warranty 2 miles from my buddies house that I broke down 5 miles from..not bad cost me alittle more than 4 of those 17" tires

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
transmission pump broke apart in 4 pieces...the rest rebuilt but not badly worn

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crankshaft cracked at flex plate

tranny pump broke again found crankshaft cracked... mechanic says this vibration is the cause....at 213,000 found another engine from a 2004....had lotsa of vibration anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts