Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a list we can come up with of all of the horsepower upgrading equipment that will go on the 4.3l engine .

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
422 Posts
get one of them SS badges and slap it on your ride. 50 hp instantly.... LOL ....:dielaugh:just kidding

but i never knew that you actually fallowed through with the header design. :undecided last i heard they were putting it off and telling you they dont have the time and blah blah same ol sob story.

so do you have a spec sheet as far as hp/tq increases and all that good stuff?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Whats the quickest, easiest and cheapest guaranteed way to more power? Trade your 6 cylinder Trailvoy in for one with a V-8. You can't beat cubic inches, and nothing else sounds like a V-8.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
175 Posts
Whats the quickest, easiest and cheapest guaranteed way to more power? Trade your 6 cylinder Trailvoy in for one with a V-8. You can't beat cubic inches, and nothing else sounds like a V-8.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee
We could always do without the extra weight though. With the right mods we'd have a better power to weight ratio along with better weight distribution.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
63 Posts
Cheapest and fastest way to get more power is Nitrous!! Just go get a 500 shot and you'll be golden!! :dielaugh:

·
Registered
2005 isuzu ascender
1 Posts
Cheapest and fastest way to get more power is Nitrous!! Just go get a 500 shot and you'll have a EXPLOSION!! :dielaugh:
I fixed it for you!!!

I've been really temped to do a 125 shot on mine! :undecided

BTW can anyone tell me why I can't turbo/supercharge 02'-05'?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
303 Posts
I fixed it for you!!!

I've been really temped to do a 125 shot on mine! :undecided

BTW can anyone tell me why I can't turbo/supercharge 02'-05'?
Long story short: PCM on the 02-05 cant handle the boost in pressure. There are several posts on this. Some get into great detail about the diff. in the early pcm's and the 06-08 pcm's.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
What about a stand alone?
I also wondered that as well. Could it be possible if we were to use something like an SAFC?
If you wanted to put a voltage clamp on the MAP sensor (get a 2 Bar from a Cobalt SS first) so the PCM only ever sees 1 Bar max then run a standalone for boost conditions it *might* work.

I say 02-05s cannot do it because from the factory they cannot. I like everything to look as factory as possible, just with some more power, so unless there's not another way (Ill be looking into one come mid-May when I have access to the 02 again) I wont run a standalone. Just an FYI, the PCM will think its running at the 1 Bar MAP voltage and then whatever RPM cell, so that spark value will be carried over into boost. As for the VE, this is where it gets interesting. You'd have to spend a bunch of time on the dyno with a wideband getting into boost often and trying to use a fuel pressure riser to get the fuel delivery you need. Theres simply no way to have the P10 PCM control fuel delivery at load values greater than 100% (which I assume boost would cause this, but cannot verify).

Megasquirt should have something ready to go once they finish with all their new improvements, efi-diy knows way more about MS than I do.

·
Registered
226 Posts
We could always do without the extra weight though. With the right mods we'd have a better power to weight ratio along with better weight distribution.
I heard TB's have EXCELLENT weight distribution, especially SS's at the track

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
if you want additional hp get a yank torque converter.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,111 Posts
Could you please clarify and substantiate how a torque converter can increase HP.
I'm all ears for this one...

One thing I would do if your 2wd is change the rear end gears. No more horsepower but much better accelleration. :m2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts