Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm pretty new here but had a quick question. I got a 2005 GMC Envoy XL SLT Elite but the stereo does not come with a Audio In. I was wondering if I would need to replace the whole deck with a new one? Or can i do it manually? If I need to replace it I would get a touch screen with dvd/nav but would it work with my steering wheel functions (such as volume up/down seek etc.?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
I can't answer your question but I do have one of my own. I've seen you have a couple of posts where you say you have an Elite Envoy, what do you mean? Is that a trim level I don't know about or just a nickname you give for your ride?

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were 50 elite models released in North America for the Envoy in 2005.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
The best way to accomplish what you are trying, is to replace the factory H/U. In doing so, yes, you may use a steering wheel adapter to retain the steering controls.

My advice, is if you aren't well rounded with car audio, is to take it to a professional to have it installed. There are a couple different modules that have to be installed to retain all of your OEM functions. ( IE: onstar, factory door chime, in some cases factory alarm, and your concern about the steering controls.)

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best way to accomplish what you are trying, is to replace the factory H/U. In doing so, yes, you may use a steering wheel adapter to retain the steering controls.

My advice, is if you aren't well rounded with car audio, is to take it to a professional to have it installed. There are a couple different modules that have to be installed to retain all of your OEM functions. ( IE: onstar, factory door chime, in some cases factory alarm, and your concern about the steering controls.)
Yea, sounds like a good idea. Would you recommend any touch screen? Like Pioneer, clarion?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
26 Posts
Everyone will have a differing opinion on what they like, and what's "better". Best advise, is figure out the features you would like from a unit, and do some research on them, find a few that will suit your needs, go to local shops that deal those manufacturers, and check them out yourself.....ultimately, you are the judge, it's going in YOUR vehicle, so you have to be satisfied with it.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries :crazy:

The normal model (XL SLT I6) comes with 275hp.
The Elite comes with 350hp and a few emblems.
Ill post some pics for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Her name is Megan =]
350hp out of an I6.

Ill post some pics. =]

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
133 Posts
Okay I hate resurrecting dead posts but I have a 2005 Envoy XL with Elite badges on the sides and hatch. I figured it was just an option package put together by the dealer but when I googled it this link came up.
Since I was thinking of debadging it and adding a tune in the spring I would like to find out if this is truly a limited edition that GM put out before I do those things. I was unable to find anything after searching for half an hour but I am wondering if anyone has any links.
It is an I6 SLT with leather and the sun & sound package but I don't see anything that makes it unique. I find it hard to believe that GM could pull another 75 HP out of this engine and not add it in any of the following years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts