Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Phase Linear UV8020 into a non-Bose, no steering wheel radio controls 2005 Trailblazer with Onstar. I bought a GMOS-01 for the wiring harness. I am getting door chimes with everything hooked up, the head unit powers on, but I am not getting any sound from the speakers. I have double and triple checked my wiring. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
846 Posts
i just installed the Jensen form of that HU today and mine went pretty smoothly. As long as you connected the right colors it should give sound. Unless your HU is defective.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far, I am at a loss. I have checked my wiring and I can't come up with anything. I have gone through settings to see if it was muted and it isn't. I have an email into Jensen. We will see what they say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monson,
If you are still around, did you have to do any cutting to the dash to get the headunit to fit? I fixed the other problem, now I am trying to get it to slide in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There were two blue wires, one for a power antenna and the other for the amp turn on. I had one of these wires crossed. I am not sure why that gave me issues with getting sound to the speakers, but after rectifying this the unit worked just fine. For the money, I am really liking the head unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts