Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What file format do I have to use?

I burned a CD full of songs in mp3 and the player won't play it.

Then I tried again burning the songs as wav files. Again, no music coming from the player.

So instead of trying every file format known to man, could someone point me in the right direction? :undecided

If it's important I have a 2005 Trailblazer.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
What software are you using to burn the cds?

I've used EZ CD Creator or Roxio, both work well.

Most of the players in these vehicles will NOT read Mp3 discs, unless the player has an MP3 symbol on it.

You might also try a different brand of disc, also be sure the disc is "finalized".

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,251 Posts
Most 2000+ CD players will play burned or copied CDs - as long as they are in .CDA audio format (regular music CD).

Super 88 is also correct. Unless your head unit specifically states that it plays .MP3 files, you will not be able to play a cd (or dvd) with MP3s on it. If I recall properly, .MP3 capable units were only available in GM vehicles beginning in 2007 ~ 2008, unless you have an aftermarket deck in which they became .MP3 capable around 2002ish.

For any of the above though, you do need to finalize the disk as blktblazer04 stated.

:coffee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, everyone. You've give me a lot to think about.

You have to finalize CDs? I didn't know that. :eek:

The software I used is something called Sonic RecordNow. It came with the computer. I'll try Windows Media Player next.

Thanks again, everybody.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
538 Posts
Thanks for the responses, everyone. You've give me a lot to think about.

You have to finalize CDs? I didn't know that. :eek:

The software I used is something called Sonic RecordNow. It came with the computer. I'll try Windows Media Player next.

Thanks again, everybody.
windows media player is good i use nero 7 (for dvds also) but i mainly use mp3 player:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
967 Posts
Sonic Record Now should do what you want just fine. Select the option to make a CD from Music Files, then make sure its the selection "To play in any CD player". You'll can then navigate to the location of the files you want to burn a CD from. It will format them for .CDA (actually there is no such animal as ".CDA format" It's a smoke and mirror thing for Windows, but that's another discussion.). It will also finalize the disk for you without your intervention.

IMO, Windows Media Player is junk. Its clunky and unreliable. I prefer Media Monkey for burning discs and keeping track of .mp3s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts