Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there are some that are using camaro fans. There is a guy selling efans off a 98 v6 camaro, wondering if that will work because i see the use of ls1 and lt1 fans being used. and will the pcm for less wiring work, I think it is like $159?

Doing this mod because it sounds like my clutch fan is not disengaging, messing up sometimes.
Thanks

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
118 Posts
Just curious what is the advantage of electric fans over the stocker? If youre fan clutch is gone I could see maybe saving some bucks but when mine engages it roars can an electric set-up really keep up with that? And if it can, can the battery/charging system manage the amp load?

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
497 Posts
Just curious what is the advantage of electric fans over the stocker? If youre fan clutch is gone I could see maybe saving some bucks but when mine engages it roars can an electric set-up really keep up with that? And if it can, can the battery/charging system manage the amp load?
e-fans do draw some current... However, when you don't need the cooling effects, mechanical fans add unneccessary load. e-fans have the advantage of getting better mpg and more responsive power from the engine. You also have the benefit of installing a switch, if desired, to bypass the thermostat and either run the fan manual-on, or manual-off. This is especially helpful when fording water, where a mechanical fan can be death to the engine.

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
I see there are some that are using camaro fans. There is a guy selling efans off a 98 v6 camaro, wondering if that will work because i see the use of ls1 and lt1 fans being used. and will the pcm for less wiring work, I think it is like $159?

Doing this mod because it sounds like my clutch fan is not disengaging, messing up sometimes.
Thanks
Avid makes a better module here
http://avidperformance.net/products.html

You can read about it here or there. Using the flexalite module that has the variant on function to not slam your alternator every time the fans are engaged. Along with CEL tricking technology.

· Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,736 Posts
Pros:
-better mpg
-better response
-colder A/C at idle
-turn off at will (water crossings, etc)

cons:
-not anywhere near the airflow capacity of the stock mechanical fan (LS1 fan flows about the same in open air, as the stock fan flows through the radiator and condensor)
-added load to the electrical system

Where you live, it's hot and dry... a cooling system's worst enemy... If you tow heavy stuff, or off-road, I wouldn't do it...

Mike

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ltz
98 Posts
How can I bypass the thermostat?

e-fans do draw some current... However, when you don't need the cooling effects, mechanical fans add unneccessary load. e-fans have the advantage of getting better mpg and more responsive power from the engine. You also have the benefit of installing a switch, if desired, to bypass the thermostat and either run the fan manual-on, or manual-off. This is especially helpful when fording water, where a mechanical fan can be death to the engine.
Hello
This is Carlocote from Caracas Venezuela South America
I would like to install a switch to bypass the thermostat and control the e-fan manually, How can I do this?
Thank you for your help
Saludos Amigo...:tiphat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.