Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 06 trailblazer LT. I am wondering if was prewired for a remote start or can I purchase a part from the dealer to add remote start without going aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
I just recently purchased a 06 trailblazer LT. I am wondering if was prewired for a remote start or can I purchase a part from the dealer to add remote start without going aftermarket?
To best of my knowledge there is no prewire for remote start. An aftermarket needs to be purchased and then integrated into the electrical system. A competent shop should be able to do this. There are several good remote starts out there in the market. I was able to have the remote react just like the key fob for seat settings for Drivers 1 & 2. I have an Astro Start and like its range, features and rugged case.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In other post i have read i seen that some cars are and the computer needs to reprogramed and new keyfobs purchased, but they dont say which years.I hate to carry to keyfobs around. Trying to do this th echeapest way. also off the subj if you can help I have the DIC cluster and it has all the settings but TPM. Could it be that the valves are missing from the tires?

·
Premium Member
2006 gmc envoy_denali
861 Posts
In other post i have read i seen that some cars are and the computer needs to reprogramed and new keyfobs purchased, but they dont say which years.I hate to carry to keyfobs around. Trying to do this th echeapest way. also off the subj if you can help I have the DIC cluster and it has all the settings but TPM. Could it be that the valves are missing from the tires?
I have the same year Envoy as you do. I have to carry the aftermarket key fob however as I stated I was able to get to be programmed to act just like the OEM key fob with addition of the remote start feature. I don't believe GM offered a factory remote start so you need someone to hardwired starter control into the factory wiring that will allow the engine to be started. There are several aftermarket units available from a few dollars to several hundred. I would suggest you look for a compact unit with a small antenna (to prevent breaking off, I have personal experience with this). I also like the feed back units that let me know the vehicle has been started without a visual check, and the more range the better. If you start from within a building the extra range will help.

You are correct we DON'T have TPMS in our trucks. I looked at this and can't even add it as far as I know, except again for aftermarket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts