Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys!

I've been running the stock Bulbs in my 03 TB now for a few years. It's getting to that time where it may be time to think about replacing them.

I was originally just going to get bright bulbs, but everyone opinion here, is just to upgrade to HID's. So thats what i'm going to do.

I plan on upgrading both my 9006 and 9005 bulbs to 8000k HID Kits with the 50w (Or was it 55w?) Ballasts.

I've been looking around at a good combo for 9006 and 9005, and so far the group buy for 3bspec.com seems to be the best. The question I have for you guys is the following:

From the Group Buy Thread:
"Low beam (9006 kits) will be $125 with the DRL modules. (Remember to check it off, as it is an option on the products page.) "
^ Would you recommend that DRL module that comes with the 9006 HID kit sold by 3bspec.com?
Or would I be better off forking over $35 more, and getting Jetttstreams "DRL - Auto with NO quad" module?
It's important to me that I have the the Automatic Headlight Turn on Function, and I want the Day Time Running lights KILLED, and i'm not sure if 3bspecs's does all that, where I know that Jetttstreams does.

And on the Fog light questions... I'm really debating HID's for those too, but I was also looking at these bulbs, which will run be like $75 cheaper..
http://www.luminicsusa.com/detail.a...Year=02-06&cMake=Chevrolet&cModel=Trailblazer

I don't use my Fogs all that often, I figure the above bulbs are ALOT cheaper then another HID kit. And it will look alot better then keeping the stock bulb in (This way ALL my lights run Blue).

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of using the above instead of the HID Kit for the fogs..

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I have HID's in my fogs/lows/highs and it is awesome; but most people don't do them in thier highs (9005) unless you drive for a long period of time at night without passing anyone they are not worht it. they take about 90sec to fully warm up and it is bad to keep flickikng them on and off when you pass a car.

I have the DRL module but if you want the DRL's killed then this is not your options beause the module will keep the DRL'S on; they do sell a drl disabler or you could contact member tblazed and he sells the DRL killer that a lot of people have

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That makes things alot cheaper if I only have to get one HID kit then. :p

I'll replace the 9005 HID kit with this set of bulbs then:
http://www.luminicsusa.com/detail.asp?p_Number=LKB-9005F&Type=9005

The Fog lamps HID's are generally useless to me. I hardly use the Fog lamps, and to be honest, I think the only time I would turn them on is just to make the car look badass with all blue tinted lighting :p. Which I'll have the luminic bulbs for. ha.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
The Fog lamps HID's are generally useless to me. I hardly use the Fog lamps, and to be honest, I think the only time I would turn them on is just to make the car look badass with all blue tinted lighting :p. Which I'll have the luminic bulbs for. ha.
In my own opinion, the Luminics bulbs are crap. I had a set of H4's in my jeep and they lasted about 3 months...

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
I would highly recommend doing the quad-beam mod if you get HIDs. Otherwise you'll find yourself with little to no light for a moment when switching from high to low beam.:m2:

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
I'm late to the party but we are also a HID vendor on here.

Kevin, where's the love? :)

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=JETTT&Category_Code=JAT

The first two items are our 35 watt HID kit, and DRL modifier (now available separately).

(To answer your one question regarding 55 or 50 watt--they are both the same kits)

Now, our kits have 18 month warranty and have plenty of users on this board.

All of our instructions are at www.jetttstream.com/downloads.html

If you look at our HID KITS, you will see we also offer the DRL-module that SSMEDT has. It is made by V-LEDS.com and we are also a vendor of theirs.

You can see how it installs with our kits (need a relay harness) via instructions are at the v-leds.com site.

Also, the DRL-modifier eliminates the DRLs as well.

WE have (3) options.

1. Quad beams (high and low beams) and DRLs removed (auto beams disabled except parking lights)

2. Auto beams with DRL disabled (no quad)

3. Auto beams with DRL disabled (quad beams activated)

I recommend quad beams b/c when you 'flick' on you highs---your low beams turn off on the GMT360.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

-Mike

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
I have HID's in my fogs/lows/highs and it is awesome; but most people don't do them in thier highs (9005) unless you drive for a long period of time at night without passing anyone they are not worht it.

I agree with the statement---but I do have HIDs in all (3) of my lights...fogs..lows..high.

I run 35 watt 3000k (yellow) fogs.

35 watt 5000k (white with small blue tint) lows.

55 watt 4300k (pure white no blue no yellow ) high beams.

I have Quad beams enabled.

Now---when I flick on my highs---they do take a little bit to warm up.

They are however sunlight at night when fully warm.

-----I had them on at a local TB meet and I had to turn them off after they warmed up b/c it looked like everyone was glowing.

Here is a pic from the meet you can see I have my lows and fogs on:

-Mike

·
2007 chevy
642 Posts
Hey Guys!

Or would I be better off forking over $35 more, and getting Jetttstreams "DRL - Auto with NO quad" module?

It's important to me that I have the the Automatic Headlight Turn on Function, and I want the Day Time Running lights KILLED, and i'm not sure if 3bspecs's does all that, where I know that Jetttstreams does.

Yes it's worth it :)

That's what having options is all about :)

-Mike

okay I'm done typign you guys take it easy! :crazy:

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
I agree with the statement---but I do have HIDs in all (3) of my lights...fogs..lows..high.

I run 35 watt 3000k (yellow) fogs.

35 watt 5000k (white with small blue tint) lows.

55 watt 4300k (pure white no blue no yellow ) high beams.

I have Quad beams enabled.

Now---when I flick on my highs---they do take a little bit to warm up.

They are however sunlight at night when fully warm.

-----I had them on at a local TB meet and I had to turn them off after they warmed up b/c it looked like everyone was glowing.

Here is a pic from the meet you can see I have my lows and fogs on:

-Mike
those are some awesome pics!:hail:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
I recently put HID in my lows, and Silverstar Ultras in my high beams, and installed jetttstreams drl modifier (no drl) with auto lights and with Quad beam. love it. Only thing is the lows are so bright i barely ever get to turn on all 4, but they look great. I went 6K cause I didn't want them blue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts