Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am understanding that I can gain some ride height and stiffness to the rear with the Z71 springs. My question is, how much lift is needed to bring the front up enough to look right, not necessarily level...

I tow a lot and am ready to do some updating to my 'voy

Thanks for the input!

Eric

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
You are probley abgoing to need 2-2.5 inches in the front the rear is all ready about .5 inches higher the the front stock. Then the Z71 add's another 1.5". I would say get marks spacers for the front, and leave off the top spacer, then see how you like it. Then if you need to raise it a little more, you all ready have the top spacer to use

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,031 Posts
Got a tape measure? :confused:
:iagree:

The true answer is based on what front springs your vehicle was built with from the factory. Mine came with the softest springs possible and there was a 2" difference on the front to rear rake. I installed the 2-1/2" kit on the front and got 1.5" from the Tahoe springs. My end result was a level appearance with the rear .5" higher, something you won't notice visually. The springs are stiffer than stock for sure, but a far better ride than the lowered vehicles that I had in the past. I chose the Tahoe springs for towing capability so I don't mind the stiffness. You are going to be your best test subject with this one.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The true answer is ...
...everybody's different. There are no one size fits all answers. That's why I'm a broken record about tire fitment and "how much do I need to level this thing out?" questions.

I'm still astonished the question even gets asked by people who own tape measures. :rolleyes:

Like the old question: How can I tell if I have the 14mm or the 16mm tie rod ends? A: Take a 15mm wrench and see if it slides over the threaded part of the tie rod or not. ;)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...

I was looking for a ballpark...yes I own a tape measure and understand I can measure it once I put them on, but I was looking to do the job in one day and have all the parts here. So if for sure a 2.5 was too much, I did not want to make that mistake.

Also I understand that the initial height may not stay. I have a friend who put new springs on a vehicle and a few days after the initial install it had dropped .5 inches. Now his were lowering springs which might be more common...

So experienced information from you guys is great to hear! 1.5" from the Tahoe Z71 springs, and I can adjust the front from there...

Thanks though Roadie...

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts