Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed a order for my 04 envoy with PCM-FOR-LESS. After reading the post (Attn: 2004 Trailblazer/Envoy Potential Customers)
should I switch to the core program or stay with the loaner?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
do the core program where they ship you a tuned PCM to keep and use. That way you can keep your stock PCM incase you need to go back to that for some reason.

·
Vendor
2007 chevy
486 Posts
I just placed a order for my 04 envoy with PCM-FOR-LESS. After reading the post (Attn: 2004 Trailblazer/Envoy Potential Customers)
should I switch to the core program or stay with the loaner?
I'd call the dealership and see if your vehicle falls in the bracket of trucks that needs to be updated. If NOT, continue on with the loaner program. If YES, then swap to the core program.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
10 Posts
Swapping to a new PCM using the Core Exchange Service seems to be the best idea for the fastest turn around, especially for those with only one vehicle (like myself). This requires a CASE relearn though, right?

Also, a point of clarification, please.

If the 11th digit of the VIN is a 2 and the last 8 of the VIN is less than 52114278 or if the 11th digit of the VIN is a 6 and the last 8 of the VIN is less than 56105324, reprogram the PCM with the latest calibrations. An updated engine calibration has been released to address this issue (intermittent stall or near stall during low speed deceleration).
When counting VIN digits, do I start from the left (most significant digit) or right (least significant digit)?

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went with a core program, had the dealer do a C.A.S.E. relearn for $45.00.
I must say after the C.A.S.E. Learn the Envoy runs and shifts very smooth. Perfect for my wife. Well worth the money, not to mention the response from PCM for less was quick. Very happy with the service. :thx

·
Vendor
2007 chevy
486 Posts
Swapping to a new PCM using the Core Exchange Service seems to be the best idea for the fastest turn around, especially for those with only one vehicle (like myself). This requires a CASE relearn though, right?

Also, a point of clarification, please.

When counting VIN digits, do I start from the left (most significant digit) or right (least significant digit)?

Thanks. :)
Left

Went with a core program, had the dealer do a C.A.S.E. relearn for $45.00.
I must say after the C.A.S.E. Learn the Envoy runs and shifts very smooth. Perfect for my wife. Well worth the money, not to mention the response from PCM for less was quick. Very happy with the service. :thx
Great, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts