Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 03 ext and my wife want's it to sit higher (woohoo :woot: ) my question is What z71 springs are people putting in the back out of a tahoe or avalanche and how much lift did you get. And the other question is what's the differnce between the z71 shocks and the stock tb's cause i just replaced all my shocks with bilstein hd's (Boy did they make it ride 100 time better)

thanks in adavance for any help

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=42449

If you have new Bilsteins, just discard or sell the Z71 shocks. They're longer for a bit of increased articulation, but unless you're doing extreme offroad with the EXT, exercising your locker extensively, you won't benefit.

I think you get about 2" from the springs alone, depending on how much load you carry inthe back. If you want adjustability in addition to the taller springs, get Airlift 1000 bags to go inside the springs.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hay thanks for the link all my searching i never seen it i must have missed it. Very informative but now i'm not sure if i should just go with the smaxx so i don't lose the ride and get airlift bags for the occasional towin i do unless with the extra weight of the ext helps with the ride. I don't mind a little rougher ride but i don't want harsh (and neither will the boss). Can anyone out there with an ext comment on the ride with the z71 springs

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
From what ive heard they are pretty stiff. More for offroading if you ask me. If you want to keep the ride as comfortable as possible while keeping the shocks you already have then i would say go with the Smaxx spacers in the rear along with the front if thats what your plan is. Then you could add the airlift 1000 bags if you need it stiffer if your hauling people or a trailer. That will give you the lift your looking for along with the comfortibility that the TBs come with.
just my :m2:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably what i will do after thinkin about it last night i already have the Smaxx in the front and It leveled it out perfectly. But i would still like to here from someone with a ext and z71 spring.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
87 Posts
I too have the Z71 springs & shocks in the back of my EXT. The ride is just fine. It is more firmer than stock but not bone jarring like riding in a pick-up. I also only have the 1.75" SMAXX spacer in front only.
Do it, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Except now that i want to do it i can't find any z71 springs i can find one here and one there but i don't want to do that.
:bonk:

except new for about 65 a piece which isn't to bad

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder what suburban springs would do???? Anyone know cause you can buy them all day for 60 a pair and they must be a little heavier duty

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I wonder what suburban springs would do???? Anyone know cause you can buy them all day for 60 a pair and they must be a little heavier duty
Tahoe/Avalanche and 1500/Suburban are all the same spring number for 2007+ Z71 springs: 15234633

Don't buy pre-2007 springs. They won't fit our spring perches.

Except now that i want to do it i can't find any z71 springs i can find one here and one there but i don't want to do that.
:bonk:
Nonsense. They're on Ebay RIGHT NOW. Just FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS. Take the part number (15234633) and run an Ebay search. It will return zero hits. THEN check the little box that says "include Title and Description" and you'll find the vendor in Arkansas who STILL has more than ten sets available for $50 plus $30 shipping.

Jeez. I not only have to find the part number that works, buy a set to prove it, and wheel with them for a while to make sure they won't break something. And now I have to keep teaching people how to search properly for stuff on Ebay? :rolleyes: :hopeless :bonk: Sigh......

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
Jeez. I not only have to find the part number that works, buy a set to prove it, and wheel with them for a while to make sure they won't break something. And now I have to keep teaching people how to search properly for stuff on Ebay? :rolleyes: :hopeless :bonk: Sigh......
Haha, its a permanent part of my website.

http://offroad.thedownings.us/modifications/index.htm#Suspension

Second to last paragraph of that section. Seems no one reads things thoroughly anymore. Maybe I should bold it. :p

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAHAHA thanks i tried that once but i didn't scroll down to see the ebay stores oops thanks for the help. STUPID STUPID ME :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hay thanks for all the help everyone they will ship today. Very nice guy to deal with.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now i need to get the other .75 lift from Smaxx otherwise i'll be right back where i started with all that ugly rake Cause right now i'm almost level The front sits a tiny bit higher.

I think the mod bug has bit me

·
Registered
376 Posts
My EXT sits at 35" ground to fender well all around with 2.5 Smaxx front and Z71 springs in back. I like it level. Off-road guys don't!

Bill

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just don't like the almost 2 inches of rake they come with i don't mind alittle bit to take up the sag when there is people in the back or a trailer on the back

·
Registered
376 Posts
I drop less than a 1/2" in back with a load. That works for me.

And I agree. I wasn't trying to go exactly level, just get rid of the rake and beef up the rear for towing and hauling. It just happened to end up level, and I am happy with it.

Bill

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it just looks funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now i'm just waiting for larry to call me back so i can get my spacers coming. I think after this the tax refund fairy is going to have to buy me wheel spacers.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
17 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks jamesdowning and roadie (and all the other guys for being forerunners on Trailblazer tech) for your expert advice! These forums are priceless. $80 for some added height AND shocks is a deal that is hard to beat, MUCH better than paying for the SuspensionMAXX spacers. I'm in the process of ordering them right now directly from RCA International Wholesale LLC (http://richardmillsap.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-home.cgi?d=rca-international-wholesale-llc)... We'll see if I can get them direct instead of from eBay!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts