Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I am asking this because I am by far no mechanic, I put the key in the ignition and turn it and the lights on the dash come on but no start, after 2 or 3 times it will finally start, now would this be the ignition switch? My suv is a 2007 Envoy Denali with 26k miles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bud, I take it in tomorrow to get fixed, Plus my other issue with all the lights comming on from the dash, engine light and fuel gauge going up an down was fixed by them putting in a new alt. But off it goes to the shop again, to much fun but atleast it only has 26k miles and is still under the 3yr 36k mile warranty

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
now the truck will not start at all, I have to use my clifford remote start 2 way pager to start the truck, I stick the key in and I get lights but no start, I push the remote start button on my truck and she starts right up, so I think you are right about the ignition switch going out, would this prove that it did? me being able to start it with the remote start but not the key?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Ya see, this is important information.

You should have told us that you have a remote start, could/might lead to a different diagnoses.

Think about it, if it starts with one method, but does not start with the other, it is not the starter or the starter relay.

No need to even talk about these items.

So, the method that does not work ----- using the key.

Problem must be key related, probably the ignition switch.

However, it might have something to do with the installation of the remote start equipment. This would be suspect with me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks, I am taking it down to the place that installed the remote start tonight so they can rule out it is their issue. But I wonder if the remote start could have shorted out this, it has been in since dec.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts