Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all the GMT-360 seats the same style up front? By this I mean my '03 has what I would call Bench/Buckets. They have the support of a bench seat while being a bucket seat type.

I miss the support of my '01 Blazer seats. Heck, even my old '84 T-10 buckets had more support than the TB. Just want to know what my options are for replacing them.

Thanks

· Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
253 Posts
With the built in safety features I don't believe you have any options. I'm fairly certain the seat foam for 05 and up gives more support. I have a 05 purchased used and because the seats were damaged I re-upholstered them with the cushion and fabric from a 04. The cushion contour was noticeably different. My 05 has curtain air bags and the 04 seats have side air bags built in. I disarmed those air bags and continue to use the sensors from the 05 and the curtains. You could probably get the 05 cushion material to work with the 04 and seat air bags.

· Registered
89 Posts
Are all the GMT-360 seats the same style up front? By this I mean my '03 has what I would call Bench/Buckets. They have the support of a bench seat while being a bucket seat type.

I miss the support of my '01 Blazer seats. Heck, even my old '84 T-10 buckets had more support than the TB. Just want to know what my options are for replacing them.

Thanks
Take it to a good auto upholstry shop and get the foam replaced. I plan on doing that in my Rainier. The person that owned the car before must have been a big dude, cause the seat basically has a hole in it. Said it would cost $120 for the bottom foam and install.

· Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
Take it to a good auto upholstry shop and get the foam replaced. I plan on doing that in my Rainier. The person that owned the car before must have been a big dude, cause the seat basically has a hole in it. Said it would cost $120 for the bottom foam and install.
:iagree: funny thing was I never noticed how bad my drivers seat was until I sat in the front passenger seat

· Registered
89 Posts
:iagree: funny thing was I never noticed how bad my drivers seat was until I sat in the front passenger seat
:iagree: I was curious and did the same thing and was amazed at ow much more support the passenger side offered over the driver. GM wanted $120 just for cushion. Hopefully the stuff from the upholstry shop is nicer and won't break down as easy. Want to get more firm foam than factory. I'll let you all know what I find out from the upholstry shop. I plan on going over there in the next week to talk to them. I am also going to see if they can add more bolstering to the seat back to hug your back more. That is one thing I miss about my old sports car, the seats hugged you and you could take turns, although the Rainer is far from a sports car....keeping that in mind.

· Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, an upholstry shop was my fall back if nothing panned out seat wise. I know the design of the 05 Chev pickup I drove for work had similar seats but w/o the side airbag but alot more support. Just wasn't sure if a trip to the junkyard would be an easy solution.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.