Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first post on here so forgive me if I am wrong on anything. Ok so here goes, I just bought an 03 tb 2wd 4.2 I6. Seems pretty clean, no dents or scratches. Every once in a while some people will gather around closing of a local retailer in the side parking lot and show off the cars, have mini drags, set up a little drift course,etc. A couple times, the managers and employees have joined us. It's all a lot of fun. So anyway my question is, when I was tryin to get er sideways, I can only get a lil squirelly, because only one tire will spin, do these not have limited slip or posi diffs?There was a 4wd tb a while back and he was doin pretty good with it. Is this normal or a possible problem? Any upgrades I can do? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Cody

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,286 Posts
There was a limited slip diff offered, it was listed as G80 on the RPO label in the glovebox. Don't know if they were on 2WD trucks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks yall. Also any suggestions on good performance mods I can do. Kinda wanting to build something that can sit at my shop and to trailer the focus to shows( not long term just until I can get my 1 ton. I may take them both and open a business booth.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so this is the tag in the gb. I went through and matched the bin to the chart, and didn't see anything about the diff. Is this the right tag or am I just missing something. Btw that is the only tag in the gb.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Ok so this is the tag in the gb. I went through and matched the bin to the chart, and didn't see anything about the diff. Is this the right tag or am I just missing something. Btw that is the only tag in the gb.
It is the correct tag, the only tag.
If code is not on this placard, then the item is not on your vehicle.
Here is the diff. info on your tag ....GU6 .... you have a 3:42 rear axle ratio, but no locking (positraction) differential. Sorry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dang that sucks would it be possible to switch them? Would it be just bolt up or require mods? Also if I do then the ratios would probably be different too huh. Do these have speedo cables or electronic? How hard to correct etc. sorry for all the questions lol just want everything to be right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts