Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, there are threads on how to do this mod. DO NOT ASK HOW TO DO THIS. PLEASE SEARCH for the how-to. I don't know how to do it.

That said, thanks to the generosity of a member here, I now have the Quad Taillight mod on my 2006 Trailblazer. Thank you TXBlazer!!!!!!

Let me say this is a badass mod in my opinion. I really makes the Tb look different than all the others out there. Here is a really poor video, but it's pouring outside. When it's nice, I will get a better video, but here's what it does.

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_i4-RwsuRA

It makes all 4 lights act as running lights in the rear. The tops are still the brake lights, the bottoms are still the turn signals. He also wired it so both filaments go on in the reverse lights now. I just want to go drive around at night!!!! :dielaugh:

:hail: TXBlazer!!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
Nice....I like the look of that....if my strobes weren't in the turn signals i might look in to doing this myself.....

Hey chris...did you write.....:x...jk buddy

·
Registered
804 Posts
Hey Chris Howd you do that? I have considered it before... and I really want to know...

JK just though I would post that to be a smart :x. Looks good. Guess I may have to search around:D

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Hi I Didnt Read Ur Post But I Watched Ur Vid That Looks Like Something That I Want To Do To My Trailblazer How Did U Do That Please Halp Thanks Im Thinking About HIDs Also But My Buddy Told Me These Trucks Will Melt Ur Wiring If U Use HIDs TIA

hehe sorry buddy....this mod is new news to me and I like it:yes::thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

Sorry if I came off lke a jerk on my original post, but I had this done for me, so I honestly do not know how it was done.

There is a How-to in THIS THREAD that explains how to do this mod.

Like I said, I have TXBlazer to thank for mine. He did the work.

Chris

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here's a better video showing what this mod does :yes:

The really crazy thing is that MOST people on the road won't realize this was ever a mod. :bonk:

Chris

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
Well done!! I'll be hitting this up sometime in the coming weeks!!

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Glad you finally got them Bro!!!

They look great Chris!! Nice video's as well.:thumbsup:

I will post up a how to as soon as I start my next set of boards. I have to do a pair for my Fiances TB, which will be in the next few weeks. I'll take tons of pics and make sure everything is crystal clear. It's a very cheap MOD, takes some soldering skills, but most importantly takes some patience and a light hand while separating the cover on the taillight board.

If anyone has a good copy of the wiring schematic for the taillights I would also like to tackle making the tails true "quads" like on the silverado. I could use the harness for the trailering lights, but would like to make the connection for this MOD either at the BCM or where the main harness originates. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris, aka TXBlazer

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They look great Chris!! Nice video's as well.:thumbsup:

I will post up a how to as soon as I start my next set of boards. I have to do a pair for my Fiances TB, which will be in the next few weeks. I'll take tons of pics and make sure everything is crystal clear. It's a very cheap MOD, takes some soldering skills, but most importantly takes some patience and a light hand while separating the cover on the taillight board.

If anyone has a good copy of the wiring schematic for the taillights I would also like to tackle making the tails true "quads" like on the silverado. I could use the harness for the trailering lights, but would like to make the connection for this MOD either at the BCM or where the main harness originates. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris, aka TXBlazer

Yes, you ROCK! I can't thank you enough :hail:

I will get my stock boards to you next week, if that's okay. I want to make sure there no issues for a week (although i don't expect any whatsoever :thumbsup:).

Chris

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
Here's a better video showing what this mod does :yes:

The really crazy thing is that MOST people on the road won't realize this was ever a mod. :bonk:

Chris
isn't that the worst part.....but it does make your truck look cooler.....:yes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts