Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
16 Posts
its going to be a few days before i can get back into this mod. snow this week and have no free time. ill repost when i get the chance

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
sorry guys.... looks like i messed up on the drawing.... i did not put the resistor because i am using LED's but looking at it better after SloSS experiences i added it in....

·
Registered
chevy
287 Posts
So...for us non-electrical guys does anyone know who is making these for sale??:excited:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
I finally got this wired up and installed. It works great except that when the brakes and turn signal (either left or right) are both activated (e.g., sitting at a traffic light with the signal on and the brakes applied), the lights flash at twice the normal speed. I suspect that when the power from the turn signal is off, the power from the brake is restored to the lights. I think I need to retard the return of the brake relay when the taillight isn't supplying power to the brake relay. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
I finally got this wired up and installed. It works great except that when the brakes and turn signal (either left or right) are both activated (e.g., sitting at a traffic light with the signal on and the brakes applied), the lights flash at twice the normal speed. I suspect that when the power from the turn signal is off, the power from the brake is restored to the lights. I think I need to retard the return of the brake relay when the taillight isn't supplying power to the brake relay. Any suggestions?
you have to add the resistor as the diagram above (50w 6 ohms) on the turn signal wire.... the BCM thinks the bulb is burned out thats why it blinks fast....

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
the circuit board mod is just for the quad parking lights

the relay mod is for the quad brake and turn light

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
15 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. Im gonna try to get this done over the weekend. I could care less about the quad parking lights, I just want the quad turns and brakes.:tiphat

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,147 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. Im gonna try to get this done over the weekend. I could care less about the quad parking lights, I just want the quad turns and brakes.:tiphat
The term "Parking Lights" is kinda misleading. While yes, they are parking lights, they are mainly used as nightime running lights (when you drive your TB at night). So it's a good idea to do this mod as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know what parking lights are. I just want the quad brake and turns due to the fact that I am using LEDs and I dont feel there is a big diff in the brightness of them when I have the lights on and brake. I just want to prevent someone from not seeing a diff when I brake at night (not that the 3rd brake light isn't enough) and rear end me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
so I got around to doing this last night. I used four pin relays instead of five pin. It didnt work is it because of the four pin?

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I got these relays wired up for quad brakes and turns......I got hyper flashing while using my T/S and applying the brakes, how do you correct this??

·
Registered
15 Posts
does it really matter which one you use? Im not running all LEDs yet but I installed the .15 Ohm resistor and everything works great. Thanks for the help

81 - 100 of 137 Posts