Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
137 Posts
Yeah it's a nice mod. I did mine this week and took a few pics. The top= brakes, middle= turn signals, and all four are park lights.

Stock only uses the top for park lights.

Before

After

I was thinking of doing a few extra pairs of circuit boards if anyone is interested. Whether you don't have the time, or you aren't handy with a soldering gun....shoot me a PM and let me know if you want this done.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
More pics of "after look"

Here are a couple more snaps...

Just TAILS

TAIL & TURN

TAIL & BRAKE

:tiphat

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
thanks for the write-up guys.... enjoy... :thx

Looks great! That came out a little different than mine :yes:

Couple of questions / observations.
1) The TB is NOT a compact car :dielaugh:
2) Do you have LED bulbs? If so, what kind?
3) I noticed when the runnig lights are not on, your mirror signal flashes the same as the rear. When running light are on, it is opposite. Not that it's bad, but do you know why this is?
4) You have the double turn signals. Nice touch!

Here's mine:

Chris

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
Looks great! That came out a little different than mine :yes:

Couple of questions / observations.
1) The TB is NOT a compact car :dielaugh:
2) Do you have LED bulbs? If so, what kind? I got them from http://www.autolumination.com/ (Tower Style)
3) I noticed when the running lights are not on, your mirror signal flashes the same as the rear. When running light are on, it is opposite. Not that it's bad, but do you know why this is? Actually it is whenever the brake lights are on.... there is a relay that the turn lights activate during braking and pulses the lights
4) You have the double turn signals. Nice touch! ...and double brakes.... Thanks :thumbsup:

Chris

thanks again guys.... :hail:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks nice!
I am curious how you did the quad brake lights and turn signals as well?
Did you do it at the BCM or Taillight?
I would think you could do it the same way as the running light mod, add a few more wires. However, when you hit the brakes and turn the blinker on, how does it know which one to do?:undecided

Any help would be appreciated

Derek

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
Looks nice!
I am curious how you did the quad brake lights and turn signals as well?
Did you do it at the BCM or Taillight?
I would think you could do it the same way as the running light mod, add a few more wires. However, when you hit the brakes and turn the blinker on, how does it know which one to do?:undecided

Any help would be appreciated

Derek

i did mine at the taillights.... i added relays (like how a trailer module would work) the signals turn on relays (one for brake and one for turn)

thinking about it now if you have towing package on your truck the wires are already there....

let me know if you need more info on this...

·
Registered
137 Posts
i did mine at the taillights.... i added relays (like how a trailer module would work) the signals turn on relays (one for brake and one for turn)

thinking about it now if you have towing package on your truck the wires are already there....

let me know if you need more info on this...
Yep, mine has the towing package. Once it gets back from the shop (see thread on servo install:duh:) I will have to look into this more. I don't suppose you have a wiring diagram or pictures of how yours is set up?

Thanks
Derek

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
here is diagram... you will need to do this on both sides.... sorry did not think about pics for this...

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
49 Posts
here is diagram... you will need to do this on both sides.... sorry did not think about pics for this...

I'm not up on wiring. Could you explain which relay we need and how to wire them up. I also have LED's. Will I have any problem with rapid flash? God bless! Scott

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
you can use any 12v relay... normally the Bosch style.... (tyco now)

the circle with the letter is the relay coil....

the two lines with the slash in the middle is the relay contact (normally closed) the letter next to it is the relay that it belongs to....

the triangle with the line is a diode - i am using it to keep the voltage from back-feeding into the BCM in case of a relay failure....

led's will always make the BCM "think" a bulb is burned out... more info here => http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,353 Posts
Sweet!!! Now I'm going to have to change mine a bit......gotta go with true quads......just have the park lts for now

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
468 Posts
Man all these lights are lookin pretty sweet..
Anyone selling any pre-done? Not the whole light of course but the circuit boards complete?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
Anybody know how LED's respond to this? We have LED's in the brake and turn signal. Just want to make sure its not going to break anything using the LED's as a brake and signal at the same time.

Thanks,
Outlaw

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
i have LED's - without the loading resistors they blink fast (like a bulb is burned out)

i have the resistors so they blink normal... i also have LED's in the front and reverse lights....

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
213 Posts
i have LED's - without the loading resistors they blink fast (like a bulb is burned out)

i have the resistors so they blink normal... i also have LED's in the front and reverse lights....
Cool. I just wanted to make sure the LED's weren't going to die or cause a failure somewhere. We are probably going to have to put in the load resistors to. Wife said the fast blinking drives her nuts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 chevy
68 Posts
i only have the resistors in the back.... i found that by accident... i did the backs first and just happened to try it and it worked - never added them to the fronts.....

I'm using one (6 ohm 50 watt) resistor for each bulb in the back (2 resistors on each side)... hooked up the the turn signal wire.....

hope this helps.... the fast flashing drives me nuts too.... the fast flash is cool in the beginning (cause its different) but at long lights it just gets to me....

21 - 40 of 136 Posts