Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well for those of you who have been asking here are some pics of my hid quad beams that i took tonight; I am still learning my camera and can't get a good night shot out of it but the pics don't do it justice; 5000k lows; 4300k highs

lows only

highs only (are much brighter in person)

quad beams

i took some others in a better location but they did not come out well in the pics:(

and because some have requested here is a direct side by side of 5000k and 4300k :thumbsup:

no the fog is not on in this pic:D

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
19 Posts
Those look good. I have been off the site for awhile where do you find a good place for the HID's? I would like to do some maybe 5000Kv lows and 6-8000kv. high. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jesse

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
That is exactly what I was looking for. My guess was right. I have the 4300K and figured the 5000K would have less yellow and I was right. Time to order some 5000K for my lows. BUT I am wondering if I should just leave the 4300K in my fogs and get the 5000K for my lows or do 5000K for both.

I like my lights to match like I have been doing so far. I better decide pretty darn quick before I place an order.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
349 Posts
Goto the Vendor section and check out Jetttstream, great vendor for HID's @ a good price.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
I've already ordered a few things from Mike(Jetttstream), and the 5000K is in the works for next week, I just don't know if I wanna change one set of HIDs or 2 sets. Since I used to have 6000K HIDs and changed them all to 4300K HIDs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Goto the Vendor section and check out Jetttstream, great vendor for HID's @ a good price.

Thanks. I always forget about the vendors section. I guess it would help to check back every now and then.

Do I just PM him? What are the bulbs in a '06 TB?

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,421 Posts

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
Well Kevin, I am going to out-do you once more. I know I am a bit ahead in the lighting department right now. I got my 5000K HID lows on order, along with the 60 SMD LEDs for my running/brake and turn signals in the rear ( with 2 load resistors).

Once they show up I will post pics for you to drool over once again, lol. You really should get some of the LEDs I got from Mike at Jet for your eyebrows.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Kevin, I am going to out-do you once more. I know I am a bit ahead in the lighting department right now. I got my 5000K HID lows on order, along with the 60 SMD LEDs for my running/brake and turn signals in the rear ( with 2 load resistors).

Once they show up I will post pics for you to drool over once again, lol. You really should get some of the LEDs I got from Mike at Jet for your eyebrows.
I wish i had the electrical skills that you have :hail:can't wait to see the pics; i still really like the color of the stock bulbs maybe if i could find an LED that is brighter with a "warm" look to it:undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
119 Posts
Mike has everything listed for your needs on his website

http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=JETTT&Product_Code=JAT-HID35&Category_Code=

or in the vendors section thread about his 35W HID kits. A little reading in both spots will answer all your questions. After you read some stuff then you can send him a PM :thumbsup:

I think the lights look great Kevin!
that site link is not working.
trying to find the wiring harness that turns my stock headlights into a quad beam on a 06 TB.

·
Banned
167 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
you must search in the articles! they help alot,
here is a link just because i feel like being nice today! :tiphat
http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=98

in that article you dont have to cut, add or really do much but remove 1 panel, take one bolt loose and swap two wires.
Thank you for posting the link to that D.I.Y
im concerned about the warning at the bottom as i dont understand if i want the flash to pass option i must tap the wires to gether and stick them in one slot, what my main concern is the DRL's they will still work on low right?..... i just want to be able to bump the headlight toggle forward and be able to run hi&lo and bump back just to run lows and still be able to flash n pass bumping full back.

·
Banned
167 Posts
Thank you for posting the link to that D.I.Y
im concerned about the warning at the bottom as i dont understand if i want the flash to pass option i must tap the wires to gether and stick them in one slot, what my main concern is the DRL's they will still work on low right?..... i just want to be able to bump the headlight toggle forward and be able to run hi&lo and bump back just to run lows and still be able to flash n pass bumping full back.
I was concerned a slight bit when i did this earlier in the week, when u bump the left stick on steering wheel forward hi&lo comes on, when u pull it back, hi beams come on ONLY, DRL still work as normal, and all lights come on as they should, ur not changing anything but swapping the left stick commands ( push forward = ALL ON,) (pull back =hi beams on)

·
Banned
2,086 Posts
The quads make a big difference in light! See my halogens do not make too much of a difference over the HID's :rotfl: for long distance its a big difference, short distance, Nothing! I want brighter high beams but do not want HID's for them. Still not sure what to get :undecided

·
Banned
167 Posts
The quads make a big difference in light! See my halogens do not make too much of a difference over the HID's :rotfl: for long distance its a big difference, short distance, Nothing! I want brighter high beams but do not want HID's for them. Still not sure what to get :undecided
i bought hoens low and high beams, and the low beams are super bright white light! and the high beams go alot farther than the ones i had, and are also white. since they go so far they dont seem to be as bright, but when u do the quad beams its amazing, if u want i can look up the lindk to the hoens.

·
Banned
2,086 Posts
i bought hoens low and high beams, and the low beams are super bright white light! and the high beams go alot farther than the ones i had, and are also white. since they go so far they dont seem to be as bright, but when u do the quad beams its amazing, if u want i can look up the lindk to the hoens.
Hmmm I never heard of Heons! I have quad lights when I pull the lever back, when I push it forward only the highs go on and stay on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
there is a nice write up for the quad mod in the articles best part of it is that it doesn't cost anything only takes 15 minutes
i want a set of HEONS! lol
im doing the mod tomorrow morning :) i dont think im going to cross link the last two wires for whatever reason.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.