Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I'm pretty new here and after reading through many threads I've decided to remove the resonator on my '04 LS. I just want a little better sound without droppin all my college money on a cat-back. I like the look of a lot of the longer tips where you can't necessarily see the tip welded to the pipe. So I was wondering if it's possible to just take an 18" tip and weld it straight to where the resonator is cut off from. I'm definitely no welder and my dad and I do all the work on it pretty much so I don't have a mechanic I can just go run to and ask. Any help is appreciated, and I have seen how helpful everyone on here is.

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
I was thinking the same thing......

what are the chances of cutting it off and jamming another tube into it not welded maybe bolted on!
yeah I have no welder, and it cant be done means we never put a man on the moon ;)

· Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
286 Posts
they do sell clamp on stuff. You should be fine considering how fast the exhaust is flowing you shouldn't get any backflowing
well I didn't mention clamp on because the hangar is literally right at the resonator and at that point the pipe is thicker from all the welding.
I'de guess you have about 1/4 inch of welded swelled tube to bite onto.
someday i'll buy a welder!! wish my sodlering iron could do it! har har.....

· Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
184 Posts
It can be done, I did it a month ago. I used my sawzall and cut it at the weld, leaving the hanger where it was. I put the clamp just behind the hanger and it did take a few attempts get it tight. The only thing I don't like is that the tip hang down about 3-4" below the bumper. I like neat and tidy. If you do it, and if you can get somone with pipe bender to put a slight bend in the end of the pipe, it will be awsome. I'm going to take mine off and correct it this weekend.:m2:

· Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,364 Posts
going to get mine this weekend or 1st thing monday new shop here said he'd do it for $30 bucks :thumbsup:

· South Chapter
4,615 Posts
I put two bends in the pipe when I did TX Big G's to get the pipe closer to the bottom of the rear bumper fascia. I also put an S bend on mine for the same reason. I then painted the pipe with black heat paint to make it less noticeable.

· Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,364 Posts
Make sure you take pictures!
will do

I put two bends in the pipe when I did TX Big G's to get the pipe closer to the bottom of the rear bumper fascia. I also put an S bend on mine for the same reason. I then painted the pipe with black heat paint to make it less noticeable.
:undecided didnt think of that good idea

wish i had the cash he will do a single in dual out for $220.00:hissy::sadcry:
with the 18" tips.... wonder what that would sound like:undecided

· Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,364 Posts
well got the tip installed had it flush with the bottom of the bumper and holy smokes it had a drone so the muffler man made the pipe alittle longer to extend the tip just past the bottom of the bumper and the drone is gone guess the sound reverbs off the inside of the bumper causing the drone
well here it is would still like to go with duals the guy seemed confident he could do a cat back dual with no problems might go that way later

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.