Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Sorry i thought you meant those tables i posted. What table do you want to see? maybe provide me the calibration number so i know exact what tables to show to you.
Im not at my laptop with EFI installed, Im talking about the tables on the left like Commanded Fan Percent and Fan Vs Trans Temp. Those ones have a lot more effect than the Parameters do.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
Im not at my laptop with EFI installed, Im talking about the tables on the left like Commanded Fan Percent and Fan Vs Trans Temp. Those ones have a lot more effect than the Parameters do.
Hmmm, mines are all stock.

Command Fan Percent

Fan vs Trans Temp

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
10 Posts
I'm shopping crate motors for my 2002 and plan on using the newer motor. Is there a difference between 2006-2007 motors and the 2008 and up? The Gm performance parts warehouses like Summit Racing & GM parts direct show different LL8 motors, p/n 89060411 for 2006-2007 as discontinued on line.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Although old,.... this thread has been very helpful,...especially for and old, :tiphat,... but new TB owner,.....should it be a sticky??

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
Just a little tip for swappers (with lift access) you can cut engine replacement time 75% by lifting the body off the frame.
That's how I did them at the dealership (23 year GM master tech)
Also, assuming the OP used the 02 intake/fuel rail with the 06 and newer being returnless. I'd be curious about the fuel trims and power benefits (if any) of using the newer intake and fuel rail.

Benefits of returnless is mainly for environmental reasons. Heated up engine fuel doesn't return to the tank, increasing tank temperature / fuel vapors.

You'd need to find a returnless / internally regulated sending unit, if they'd mount to the <05 tank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a little tip for swappers (with lift access) you can cut engine replacement time 75% by lifting the body off the frame.
That's how I did them at the dealership (23 year GM master tech)
Also, assuming the OP used the 02 intake/fuel rail with the 06 and newer being returnless. I'd be curious about the fuel trims and power benefits (if any) of using the newer intake and fuel rail.

Benefits of returnless is mainly for environmental reasons. Heated up engine fuel doesn't return to the tank, increasing tank temperature / fuel vapors.

You'd need to find a returnless / internally regulated sending unit, if they'd mount to the <05 tank
I'm in the process of swapping an 07 motor into an 02 tb. I'll use the 02 harness and fuel rail. My question is do I need to swap the 02 oil pan with sensor onto the 07 motor? Will I get a check engine light if I don't? I'm not sure what that particular sensor is for

41 - 47 of 47 Posts