Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a honeycomb or oval billet grill with the gmc logo black instead of red! All I can find are the one's that go over the om grill and have a cutout for the logo. I think I'm just gonna tape it off and spray paint it for now! Anyone know where I can find a replacement grill that's got the gmc in black instead of red? I'll post pic's if I paint...

Here's a link for the Putco site.
http://www.putco.com/product/G001/

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
331 Posts
This doesn't answer your specific question.....
about 4 yrs ago I bought a Putco punched stainess grille. At the time there was a choice of logo cutout or no logo cutout. I bought the "no logo" cutout but actually like the appearance better with the logo. It turns out the holes for the GMC logo aligned with the Putco grille and the original holes so it fit OK.
Not sure Putco even has a choice of both styles now.
It doesn't look like it would be that difficult to paint your existing logo.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying that you put to logo on the front of the non cut out grill? I guess I'm kinda confused on some of the grills. One goes over the old grill with a cutout. Theres one I have seen that goes over the old grill with no cutout but you can see the the logo behind it. Then theres the ones that replace the om grill but they don't have the logo. Is it possible take the om logo and put it on a new grill?

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I know you can find a billet gmc emblem on ebay.....you can either go with that and paint it to match........good luck!!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok yeah that's a great idea. I thought that they were all the kinda vinyl ones with the red color underneath them! I saw someone yesterday in a denali with a billet grill and it had the place to set to emblem in with what I think was a black billet emblem in it! I will have to look around for something like this. Thanks!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
331 Posts
Yes the emblem went over the grille. Again this was a Putco punched stainless. The one that has a "Denali look". When I looked at the putco link you provided it didn't look like that particular grille was still available.
It's been awhile since I had the grille off but the emblem came off very easily. In fact the Envoy grille, itself, is easy to remove and work on.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey did anyone figure out how to change the color of the emblem? It looks like you either have to paint over it or remove the back and scrap or dremel the standard red color...I'm checking another fourm now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts