Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently my tranny oil cooler lines were leaking from the radiator ports, so I tightened the ports, but in doing so the ports punctured the oil cooler veins. This led to all my tranny fluid mixing with my radiator fluid. Ya that sucks....so now I have a new radiator and am in the process of trying to flush my tranny and engine of all the mixed radiator fluid/tranny fluid. In attempting to flush my tranny, and following the Tranny flush article here I have gone through 30 bottles of tranny fluid and it's still not coming out clean. Any suggestions? Also are there any suggestions as how I can get all that gunk out of my engine? Thanks

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
912 Posts
After 30qts of tranny fluid I would just take it to reputable shop and have them professionally flush it and change the filter. That way if something goes wrong they should warranty all of the repairs.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
826 Posts
After 30qts of tranny fluid I would just take it to reputable shop and have them professionally flush it and change the filter. That way if something goes wrong they should warranty all of the repairs.

:iagree:

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
The reason it's not coming out clean is; you've got a TON of water/fluid in your trans, and the new is mixing with the old in your transmission pan...

If you take it to a professional shop, they'll end up doing the same thing you are doing, and won't ever get it flushed, either... At least not for standard "flush" price...

Drop the pan (draining the fluid) and change the filter, reinstall pan/gasket, then refill with new fluid, and do the "flush" the same way you did before (I assume like you saw in the articles section of this site, where you unhook the cooler line and idle, and fill new fluid as fast as you can?)

Also, when you've got the pan off, and the cooler line unhooked, use a fluid transfer pump, and pump the rest of the cooler line (which goes back to the transmission, through the bearings, etc) with new fluid... The old will drain out while the pan is off...

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts