Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my transmisson went like a week ago i finally found out that it was a pump gear. now if it's just the pump gear than will that need a hole new transmission? or just that gear.

i also had them put in the corvette servo with a .490 boost valve and the harden upgrade sunshell gear.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
If it were me, while it was apart I would have it rebuilt. You have spent alot already to take it apart and put back together, why not new parts as well.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that what i think but i phoned the guys that are doing my transmission like a hour ago. they said they were just taking it out so i drove over there to see it. it took like a hour and when i saw it they said it's almost done being put back together. something does not seem right. to me thats a little quick for a rebuilt transmission.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
That does sound a little quick. How much is the bill?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1560$ and 200$ for the upgrade parts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I would get a list of replaced parts.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya thats what i am going to do something just seems wrong. but i can't wait to have the beast back and with the pcmforless tune and the new tranny upgrades it should feel nice and tight.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You will have more fun. Transmission labor is a crime. I have rebuilt a few powerglides and as long as you keep everything clean all will be ok. Most are afraid to crack open the case.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya okay i am picking it up tomorrow .

·
Registered
124 Posts
my pump broke also the ring broke into pieces...my crankshaft is also cracked inside the flex plate ...maybe check that too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts