Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 TB LTZ and while I'm driving there is a vibration sound/feeling through the gas pedal. It sounds just as if 4WD is engaged, but it's not. It is very loud when around 30-40 MPH. My Transfer case actuators are working but switching between 2HI and AWD and 4WD sounds no different as far as the noise is concerned. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more info. Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've talked to a mechanic and he seems to think it's a bad hub. Anyone agree?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Could be a hub and bearing assembly, but my truck had something similar and it was the "U" joints seizing up. Two weeks after it started, they pretty much destroyed themselves!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
119 Posts
could be your rotors if its when you apply the brakes...ever have them turned, inspected or replaced? New rotors run about $30 at rockauto.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's definitely not rotors, thanks for the idea though. I just put new drilled and slotted rotors on a month ago and they're great. It's a noise while driving 20mph +. It is worse while turning right. I'm throwing new hubs on tonight, so hopefully that'll do it. I'll let you guys know how it turns out!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it was the hubs! :) don't know which side because I went ahead and did em both, but I think the right was worse. Got em for $100 each by ordering them through advance auto's website and using code P20 for 20% off then picking them up in the store. Rides as if it's new now, so if you're looking for a smoother ride, I'd highly recommend changing em out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts