Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 TB

About once or twice a week this happens. I get a pulsating when I apply my brakes. It starts at high speeds but continues at all speeds. The steering wheel skakes violently and I can feel the pulsating in the brakes. The brakes also feel a little harder. Then magically something happens and it goes away. Today it happened again and I could feel the pulse rate was directly related to the wheel rotation as I slowed it slowed. As I came to a stop, so did the pulse. It is under warrenty so I brought it in the before and they replaced the rear rotors. Then a week later it happened again. Brought it in again and they had no clue and wouldn't do anything because they couldn't get it to do it. No ABS light or any other indicator.

Help please.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I'd guess something loose in the suspension - control arm bushings, tie rod ends, shocks, ball joints, bearing, etc. Not very likely on a low-mileage vehicle, though.

Can you make it happen, then take the service advisor for a drive?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
so I brought it in the before and they replaced the rear rotors. .
I have no idea why they would replace the rear rotors to stop a front wheel shake :duh:

Oh, I know. They backed it in then forgot, thought they were working on the front of the vehicle :crackup:

You have a rotor problem.........but, it's the front rotors.

Someone, awhile back, pounded the brakes. They applied them hard enough and stopped the truck fast enough that the rotors warped.

The rotor cools and you use them gently, and things work fine. Use them enough that they get hot and they re-warp. When they cool, the warp disappears (somewhat).

The warp causes the cylinder to move in and out, hydraulic pressure makes the pedal move up and down.

You need new front rotors :yes:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'll school the mechanics at the shop.

I have no idea why they would replace the rear rotors to stop a front wheel shake :duh:

Oh, I know. They backed it in then forgot, thought they were working on the front of the vehicle :crackup:

You have a rotor problem.........but, it's the front rotors.

Someone, awhile back, pounded the brakes. They applied them hard enough and stopped the truck fast enough that the rotors warped.

The rotor cools and you use them gently, and things work fine. Use them enough that they get hot and they re-warp. When they cool, the warp disappears (somewhat).

The warp causes the cylinder to move in and out, hydraulic pressure makes the pedal move up and down.

You need new front rotors :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.