Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and don't actually own a TBlazer however I am working on one for a brother. He has a check engine light on and his fuel gauge is working incorrectly. Is there any way as with other GM vehicles to pull codes? My cadillac can be done through the radio. I tried to search this forum and was unable to find anything definative? Any help would be awesome.
I don't know if the fuel gauge and check engine or related, pulling the codes will help determine I'm sure.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
You can always take it to an autozone where they can hook up a OBD-II scanner and pull out a code that way. But to my knowledge, there is no way you can get a code directly from the vehicle itself. I'm not sure about the onstar feature however.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat I don't know what year your Caddy is, but I thought pulling codes ended with OBD-II. I've been wrong before.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
I think Wardak is right...the only way to get the codes is with a reader.....go to Autozone or anyplace like that, and they should be able to do it.

As for Onstar, yes, they can pull some of the codes just by calling them from the vehicle, but not all. They may just say to get your vehicle to a dealer (obviously) for service. They can also tell you if it's so severe a problem that you shouldn't drive the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the help

I have a code reader but like Auto Zone they pull many generic codes which I have received. Cadillac and Saab allow you to pull codes through the radio, 1 car is an 02, the other an 03 so they are definetely OBD II vehicles. Stupid me I just assumed all GM vehicles allowed codes to be pulled in this manner. I have figured out it is a solenoid as the air pump is functioning properly, Had to figure it out the old fashioned way. Thanks again.:thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts