Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,629 Posts
Thanks for the excellent links! I enjoyed watching them (although since I'm at work, I had to listen to most of it). To make it more browser friendly, I put them below:

glfredrick said:
They make it all look so, well, civilized...
If you're using proper techniques, it should! (It's called gentleman's offroading)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,248 Posts
So much for TREAD LIGHTLY. :duh:
That was not a "tread lightly" area. Dedicated trails in an off-road park. As I said, not every trail is the sort of trail where those "gentleman's off-road" techniques work. Great for fire roads in national parks and such, but not so much in some areas where big mud or big rock is the name of the game.

I DO follow tread lightly principles when in areas that deem such use, and the organization that I co-founded, The United Christian Off-Road Alliance (ucora.org) also subscribes to Tread Lightly, and is a participant member.

Of note, I also appreciate the need to preserve a vehicle in certain long-distance treking events, such as running the Pan American highway (if you can call it that) or running across Africa, Asia, etc., which may require driving techniques far different from those needed in Mississippi mud or Kentucky rock. Off-roading is a "big tent" affair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.