Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
East Canada Chapter
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next mod! Gonna get crackin on it tomorrow. Will post progress pics as I go...:woot:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Cant wait for progress pics! Any ideas how you're gonna mount them in there?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7 Posts
Where did you get the projectors from? They almost look too large to fit in the headlight.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
209 Posts
arent those the newer model LT headlights? I dont see the area where the bar/grill is supposed to go 'into' the headlight.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Oh i wonder who opened those for you :dielaugh:

looking good bro but ya know you could work a little faster :raspberry

any probs you know where to find me :bonk:

wkdpanda Where did you get the projectors from? They almost look too large to fit in the headlight.

wk see my post on retros it fits in an envoy too :D
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=54271

·
East Canada Chapter
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Didnt get too much done today. Got the shrouds to fit nicely around the projectors. Also, drilled all the holes for LED's for R8 mod. Will get the LED's mounted tomorrow and get crackin on the actuall retrofit this weekend. :crazy:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
you will spend more time fine tuning and adjusting than you will with the actual installation... trust me ;)
:iagree: x2......its the fine tuning that sucks........taking apart is easy...can't wait to do my next set of headlights...going to go with the tsx-r lens....

Oh i wonder who opened those for you :dielaugh:

looking good bro but ya know you could work a little faster :raspberry

any probs you know where to find me :bonk:

Hey pare......what did you use to cover the rear of the housing......you never really showed me that back of your headlight.....

wkdpanda Where did you get the projectors from? They almost look too large to fit in the headlight.

wk see my post on retros it fits in an envoy too :D
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=54271
:iagree: thats why its called a retrofit silly rabbit!! LOL......

For sure the shrouds will fit when the projectors are not installed Singshane......LOL.....just wait til you get the projector in.....then try putting the shroud on.......LOL.....thats gonna be interesting

·
East Canada Chapter
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jason, im trying to work slow so I dont screw anything up :bonk: I was gonna take a shortcut for drilling the holes but then I thought twice and just took ur advice loll

Ricky, i'm just trying to get all the easy stuff done first lolll I know the actuall retrofit is gonna be a PIA. Hopefully it'll end up looking good :crazy:

Mentalmadness, i'm guessing your reffering to the headlights? I have an 02 LS TB. Recently added SS front/rear bumpers, did the 06 LT headlights a while back (direct replacement). Not really going for a full conversion of anything, just adding the bits I like :weird:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
So the SS bumper is the same as a LT bumper?

Also with the headlights wouldnt you have to change the grill? or just cut the cross bar off?

·
East Canada Chapter
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SS Bumpers are different from LT bumpers. For the lights you dont HAVE TO change the grille. Cutting off the ends of the crossbars is the easy/cheap way of adding the LT lights.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
have you taken the buckets out of the housing yet?? if not, once you do you will see a nice molded in circle line.. perfect to cut out like I did on mine.

btw, you are probably gonna have to drill a few holes in the back of the housing to get to a few screws that holds the Hi/Low buckets in

1 - 20 of 41 Posts