Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Which design would like to see the project TB RS build up?

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
You've definitely put a LOT of work into this truck. I know you're glad to have this project finished finally. :yes: :woot:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I am ready to see a pic of a sweet burnout.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks guys! You have NO clue how close to tears and insanity this project has taken me. But thankfully, but I took to time to take each step and part as production ready, getting into production for the parts will be easy. And as an extra benefit we think we've already addressed the E40 '05-06 guys too!:woot:

After a few shake down miles on the highway she'll be at the track soon enough....keep fingers crossed for numbers as close to the 14's as possible!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
Wow, I don't even know remember what we were dealing with at this point...there have been so many ups and downs.

At any rate, I had to replace the TCM with one from a used Escalade 6L80 and we just had it installed yesterday. Unfortunately, the dealer was in such a rush to get it out the door that A) they didn't tighten something (its dripping trans fluid) and B) they did not reflash the TCM, so it's back to only one forward gear. It'll be back Monday for them to fix that up and we should be back in business.

Since I had it back and it was a beautiful day, I figured give it's bum a face lift...I'm amazed how a simple bumper swap completely changes the truck's appearance.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

PRESENT:

Two tone front bumper and black bull bar and step coming next.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
It has been that long hasn't it.

I'm sorry for the setback guys.

Long story, short...the journey to get this thing working was 'obstacled' and sabotaged by several ****hole local dealers, fraudulent repairs, warranty promise, claims, charges, diagnosis and work. If that wasn't bad enough a last minute Thanksgiving holiday week decision to tow it out to a very, very cold Midwest attempting to do some very unorthodox programming failed to give a successful result I expected. Further, several customers experiencing some poor quality parts due to some of our sub contractors shoddy work and last minute price changes required even more of my attention, investigations, and clean up work.

With that all said, I am happy to report that on this matter and project...WE ARE A GO!!!:woohoo:

:thumbsup:

Boohooing over:p. It's finally done. Starting, driving, no check engine lights, no codes, instrument cluster PRNDL functionality. It's everything I had hoped for and more. There still is some minor tuning to do as I just recalled that I have an Escalade 6.2L torque converter and tune on a Trailblazer 5.3L, but oh man is shifting ever so SWEET. This thing definitely will give my SS a run for it's money. 1200 RPMS at 40mph, partial throttle instant one gear kickdown, rev matching up and downshifts, and none of that big rpm drop off between ratios. I'll be driving the wheels off of it this weekend and coming week to lock down some fuel economy numbers.

I hope to get video up this weekend, but, again, I'm dealing with some significant clean up work to bring in 2011 right.

:tiphat

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Good to hear...thanks for the updates...looking forward to some pics and a vid ;)

Luck eventually swings on your side...sometimes its just a matter of time

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
-TBMSport.com's '07 Trailblazer 5.3L w/6L80E Transmission from '07 6.2L Escalade
-5.3L LH6 GenIV motor with 3.42 gears,20" wheels 275/45R20
-109k miles former rental truck, resonator delete, otherwise-bone stock down to stock engine tune,
-3/4 throttle acceleration
(Left blinking light on instrument panel is traction control which always activates during acceleration from standstill due to crazy wheelspin. I deactivated it after it rolls and gains traction. Right side solid light is TPMS due to custom wheels.)
-and yes, Cruise Control works!

Still have some tuning to do for lock up of converter, adjust AFM/DoD kick in, and a give it an overall tune up. It's a little resistant to downshift b/c of the stock tune.

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,700 Posts
That is AWESOME!

So... What all did it take on the wiring/programming end, said and done?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
18 Posts
Why are you selling the truck? Do you have all the bugs worked out yet?? I'm really interested in this swap but I want to be sure that I'm not investing ~7k in something that hasn't had all the kinks ironed out.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
All the bugs are worked out. I'm just experimenting with tune variations to maximize fuel economy. The truck is for sale because I've got WAY too much money in it and need to move on to other expanding projects such as address the E40 ECM and doing a 6L90E transmission conversion.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts